TWO questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWO questions

1. Can u become good at flying a jet without a joystick?

2. I really need more kills to increase my K/D ratio, I've tried the harder way so far(Sniping), but I keep getting good then bad games such as a 14:7 then a 11:20 so i lose kills and stuff, I'm about 365 kills away last time it updated. I'd like to know how u get good K/D games...vehicle whoring...etc.

THanks

Re: TWO questions

Originally posted by da mighty carrot
    1. Can u become good at flying a jet without a joystick?

2. I really need more kills to increase my K/D ratio, I've tried the harder way so far(Sniping), but I keep getting good then bad games such as a 14:7 then a 11:20 so i lose kills and stuff, I'm about 365 kills away last time it updated. I'd like to know how u get good K/D games...vehicle whoring...etc.

THanks
    Tank+Karkand= A good K/D ratio... But it doesnt change ur weapon kit K/D...
    If u wonna make a 1.0 in K/D, or better with any of your weapons kits, you just have to improvise.. Learn.. Find good spots with your sniper... Learn to use you´r rifles, machine guns, what ever... Find a weapon you like, and just use it.. Your skils will increase with time.

Comment

get good at flying without joystick????
      very very very very smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal chance
      even $20 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy better than no stick
      your k/D ratio will get better
      but remember, you are just starting out now, and many folks have been playing for many many months
      so, slow down in game, move slow, you will get better
      look for servers with VOIP working and join squads and learn to learn from them
      and in closing - my mother in law was born in Bergen !

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
        get good at flying without joystick????
        very very very very smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal chance
        even $20 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy better than no stick
        your k/D ratio will get better
        but remember, you are just starting out now, and many folks have been playing for many many months
        so, slow down in game, move slow, you will get better
        look for servers with VOIP working and join squads and learn to learn from them
        and in closing - my mother in law was born in Bergen !
        absolutely not true!
        You don't need a joystick to be a good pilot.

Comment

Yes, you don't need a joystick. It's 100% personal preference.

as an example, PlaneWhore uses a joystick while other jet whores do not

Comment

1) No way do you need to use a joystick to fly well, some people prefer mouse + keyboard (me included and i have an expensive stick i use in other games/flght sims) and some actually use keyboard only, a friend of mine flys with keys only and he has a 16:1 ratio in jets with 18,000 kills.

Its all personal preference, the only thing a stick is better at is constant turn and only begginers use circle flying to shake enemy locks anyway so no help there.

2) best advice is to forget about your k:d ratio and just have fun If you still feel the need to improve stats then always play in squads and that way you will die less and kill more, as 6 eyes and guns are better then none

Comment

Here's a way to reach 1.00 k/d . sniper on karkand, run towards hotel, drop 2 clays and hide in a corner . right click a nade if anyone walks up. you should get a 1.5 k/d per round using this method.

On the other hand, it doesn't sound like all that much fun. but it seems like all you want is points-- and points is points.

Comment

Take it from someone who has tried both extensively. You cannot beat a great player in the air with a joystick if you have a KB/Mouse. YOU NEED a Joystick or you will be shot out of the air easily by myself and other great pilots.

Comment

im so angry, i have a joystick but it wont let me turn left to right only roll!!!!

Comment

Play commander to increase your K/D ratio. Arty kills count as kills.

Comment

Originally posted by Sung_Do_Chuck
                      absolutely not true!
                      You don't need a joystick to be a good pilot.
                      Touche, I've come against mouse pilots as good as teh best joystick pilots. It'sa ll about the hardware, settings, and the pilot.

Comment

ive been flying jets & choppers with keyboard & mouse since Desert Combat

Comment

Become good at flying without joystick ? Sure. Maybe harder in plane but just need practise. Example (for chopper), this guy only use mouse, keyboard and he oooowwwnnnnz : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDmkmZ6s06o

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                            Touche, I've come against mouse pilots as good as teh best joystick pilots. It'sa ll about the hardware, settings, and the pilot.
                            Hehe, this is true ^^

Comment

1) yes, you can become good at flying without a jotstick
                              2) good K/D as a sniper? learn to shoot really small targets, and if you're unscrupulus, use lots of claymores.

Comment

Working...
                              X