barrel roll / split-s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barrel roll / split-s

Anyone know how to do these things with a mouse and keyboard? I'm sick of being killed by J10s all the time. Been trying them on a local server but I keep losing track of where I'm going and then either goign out of bounds and having no clue where I am or stalling somewhere in the middle of the sky.
    I found some instructions but they're all for joysticks and I don't have one... nor do I feel like getting one.. So if you're just gonna make a post saying "go get a stick" then don't bother.
    Also how do you tell what is teh ground and what is the sky when your too far up and can't see the land or sea?

Re: barrel roll / split-s

yeh keep pulling the mouse back till your back where you roughly back where you started. Try and keep the mouse straight when pulling back and rember when ur upside down your halfway.

as for rolls just knock the mouse right or left and but u have to quick or you will turn to the floor. both of these manovers dont really require any keyboard turning.

This takes practice so stick with it.

Edit: when doing these manovers you have to keep pulling up etc or it WILL go wrong its only when you get good you can start chucking in some fancy moves!

Comment

Joysticks help a lot mate. But, if you insist. Just make sure your mouse-smacking-against-mousepad skills are up to par :laugh:

Comment

should I use the mouse or the arrows?

Comment

try this also if you haven't seen it already (ignore the flamers) http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38222

seriously though, even though you'll hate me for saying this, getting a joystick will make things so much easier and more fun!

Comment

Dude there are NO moves you can do to get away from a J-10, unless it involes throttling down... even then.. it will only work on a near retarded J-10 pilot.

Once a J-10 locks onto you and missles are shot.. you are basically fucked... that is why new pilots are having such trouble...

Comment

How do you set something to mouse axis?

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                Dude there are NO moves you can do to get away from a J-10, unless it involes throttling down... even then.. it will only work on a near retarded J-10 pilot.

Once a J-10 locks onto you and missles are shot.. you are basically fucked... that is why new pilots are having such trouble...
                So, am I a horrible pilot or am I always at a severe disadvantage? (Im almost always the one in the f35b)

Comment

I have been successful many times in evading incoming missiles while on a heli. I also use a mouse and keyboard.

For a fast and smooth barrel roll, you need momentum from the chopper. Think of a swing, at first it's hard to get it started, but then it gets that swinging momentum. That is what you must mimic, first you slightly roll left, then right, then go back left, and when you go right, go WAY right, and you will roll.

Not sure if that example helps you...just learn how to "feel" the chopper's momentum and use it to your advantage.

P.S I know a J-10 doesn't give you much time for the swinging action, but I usually fly the chopper like that anyway in case of emergencies.

UPDATE: Only use the arrows when flying a plane and switch to the mouse when you aquire a target. The chopper is slower, and easier making the arrows pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by datakillx99
                    So, am I a horrible pilot or am I always at a severe disadvantage? (Im almost always the one in the f35b)
                    If you are constantly getting shot down by J-10's then maybe you should just try a J-10, then you will instantly become 2 times better! LOL. And the only way to get away from a missile in an F-35 is for you to be going at an extreme angle towards the shooter or to loose the other pilot all together. I find the best way to do this is to fly in loops, so he follows you vapour trail, then pull up and fly straight so you dont leave the trail, this is one of the better ways to lose another pilot.

And to the original post, if you want to do some manouvers, like back flips, for a long time it is easier to use the keys, but if you think it's too hard to switch between keys and mouse, like me, just change the sensitivity of the mouse controls for planes in the options menu so it takes less space on your mouse pad therefor you can perform manouvers for longer.

Comment

What sensitivity should I use?

Comment

What sensitivity should I use?

Comment

WO, WO, WO here now.

You're using the MOUSE? ****, either you're damned skilled, or you are trying something hopeless.

Use the WASD buttons as throttles, and the arrow keys to control the movement. This is very easy to learn, and you dont have to find the joystick every time you want to fly a jet. Also, this ensures that you get maximum turning at all times. Its 50 times more easy than to fly with the mouse. Try it, and be amazed.

Dont even try flying a jet with the mouse. You can fly choppers with it, but only for a few seconds at a time. I use to fly choppers with my mouse if i have to type and fly at the same time.

Comment

I think choppers are easier with the mouse, but jets are hard. I do manage not to run into stuff when im in a jet though. Turn sensitivity up and practice.

Comment

Look man...dont' try this please especially on a map like Wake or Dalian when your whole team depends on you. Killing 6 people is not a good way to be loved by your team, but stay inside and be killed with your fellow soldiers to avoid tks.

Comment

Working...
                              X