Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I stat-padding?

Hey folks,

I have always played online games honestly, but since I'm still a bit green in BF2 I got paranoid when I read this: in the thread, "50 Cheesy Tactics," someone wrote that "Being medic on city maps all the time. (= Stat padding)"

Here's my problem: I play medic all the time on city maps (and others), unless there is a need for AT, support, etc.
    I do this because I find it more fun and more challenging to try to revive as many people as possible or keep a squad alive for as long as possible. I DO get kills as well, but sometimes I might wind up with only 4 kills but yet have 35+ team points for revives/heals.

After reading that, I am now wondering if my crazed need to play medic like this is simply earning me a bad name as a stat padder.

And yes, I am well aware that there are more important things in life ...

Any thoughts on this are appreciated ...

Re: Am I stat-padding?

To me..people who play one class on Karkand 24/7 servers are a different breed, but technically are NOT stat padders.

Comment

Well as long as you are doing this in normal servers and not pistol/knife only then who really cares what other people think. Most people do this in those servers to get massive revive points. 35+ points is not that much when compared to say 100+ on those type of servers.

As for playing that kit and doing revives it is no different then playing as sniper and always sniping!

Comment

Don't hate the player, hate the game. People just seem to complain about everything these days, heh.

I specialize classes on specific maps, like at on vehicle intensive maps and meds on city. I don't find it "cheesy" at all.

Comment

No your not stat padding. A real statpadder usally trades kills with someone like if you see someone getting like 50 knife kills of 1 person in a row. Now if you were tking someone than reveiving them and doing that over and over ,or purposley damiging them for healing points is statpadding.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
            To me..people who play one class on Karkand 24/7 servers are a different breed, but technically are NOT stat padders.
            Careful choise of words to keep the reputation of a fair moderator, but we know what you meant. This time I'll refrain myself of badmouthing the poor bastard.

Comment

hehe

to each his own

Comment

Heh dont worry bout it. I was medic on the TBF2 karkand the other day and I got up to like 75 pts with 30 team pts because there were so many bodies :laugh:

Comment

I play medic and support on karkand, with a sprinkle of AT or engineer if I am in a vehicle.
                  Only morons will criticise you for playing as the most effective class in any given scenario.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys; all good points -- and like vrus I find that I'm starting to find some kits more comfortable to play on certain maps. I asked in the first place only because these online gaming communities tend to have "unique" sensitivities about many odd things. Thanks again ...

But Talus and Govedob, clearly there is something you're not saying: do you mean that someone who plays one kit all the time regardless of needs is "a different breed"? Or something else? I appreciate your tact Talus (honestly), but if I'm being a dweeb please tell me so I can learn ...

Comment

No...personally, I play AT kit 99% of the time. That CERTAINLY doesn't make me a stat padder...but I'm a different breed

People who play as medic on 24/7 Karkand servers 100% of the time...THOSE people border on stat padders But they wouldn't do it if they didn't enjoy it I guess /shrug

Comment

Originally posted by vrus
                        Don't hate the player, hate the game. People just seem to complain about everything these days, heh.

I think i will hate both. The game has its flaws that go unacknoledged and unfixed, but the players are the ones abusing glitches, cheating, stat padding etc..

Comment

I hate the medics...i think its to easy to get points(i know what im talking about i was medic for so long anyway) but its not stat padding except if you revive some1 10 times in a row but if you just revive people for their fun then its cool even if you get 55 team points(legion of merit ribbon)

Comment

Got it. Thanks Talus. I see what you mean: as Yet_Hunter wrote, maybe we get too many points for each revive (I know it's been covered elsewehere here), and so if you're driven by points and awards its the way to go. I had about 13-14 kills (I think?) along with a bunch of revives on a round a couple of nights ago, so I'm trying to play a more balanced game and not appear like I'm just out for points.

Thanks again everyone; and Yeti_Hunter, good luck on your hunts -- I hear they taste like chicken though ...

Publius51

Comment

Its not stat padding. I was accused of stat padding the other day for flying in a jet as a squad leader.

Comment

Working...
                              X