USI - Post your thoughts/improvements here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USI - Post your thoughts/improvements here

So its official USI is the best mod so far and it is excellent compared to its elders as well, PRMM just isnt fun and Operation Peacekeeper can be frustrating. But USI combines so much good from BF2 and ramps up the combat - every class is now relevant and giving the engineer a stinger is genius. The tanks feel mean and fast and the zoom and range finder is awesome. Basrah, Hog and Road of Destruction are awesome the first and the last are really beautiful as well and allow plenty of infantry combat as well. Love it

On the road to perfection I'd love to see.....
    - Balance the damn thing, every weapon should have an equal but different equivalent (AH64->Ka50, Hind ->MH60, M1A2->T90 etc - for example the frogfoot-A10 balance is very nicely done), who cares if Iraqi/Soviet tech is crap -> it's a game
    - The helicopters should become more vulnerable to missiles, they are almost indestructible with their fast recharging flares and manouverability
    - Revert back to the BF2 heicopter configuration please, the present USI system is fairly unbalanced, unlock all the FFARs (none of the loading a fresh batch rubbish) and give the pilot 2 AA missiles
    - The Iraqis to get a Ka50 to balance things against the AH64 and the US to get a MH60 attack blackhawk to balance the Hind
    - Give the transport Blackhawk back the proper minguns and give the Hip a similar weapon
    - the AA missiles are buggy, they don't hit at all
    - the infantry weapons are fine but give the assault class his strong GL back
    - FIx the pistol sound lol

My wish list
    - Allow all squadleaders access to the commander suite and get rid of a unique commander (they can then talk to all the other squadleaders)
    - Add singleplayer bot support and support all BF2 maps
    - Make all vehicles especially tanks 2 player dependent - give the tank driver a forward firing mg or 2 mounted AA missiles
    - Give us the SU30/SU34 and F15 minus dumb bombs with BF2 j10 handling ~ realism FTW!
    - Laser Designator please, it can be made work (have it act as a spotted function that creates a lockon visual icon not a minimap icon)
    - Special Forces Kit items like a grappling hook, zipline or BASE jump parachute choice (the 'don't mod special forces' demand from DICE is bullcrap)
    - A choice between guided SRAW/ERYX and unguided in unzoom mode
    - Merge with Operation Peacekeeper (well it would never happen ever but I'd seriously love to see the small newcomers unite to create the NATO Intervention mod - you guys would stand a better chance of survival against DCON and PoE2)

What can be learnt from other mods
    PRMM - civilian vehicles
    Operation Peacekeeper - 2 player tanks, beautifully detailed levels, awesome weapon models

Post the improvements you'd love to see in USI - this is the chance to make BF2 the game it should have been

Great job guys

Re: USI - Post your thoughts/improvements here

You should try posting that on their website so that their devs can see it before it gets shoved down in all the reposts here. They'd probably love to have an increase in traffic over there as there are not alot of people that actually post on their site yet, would make them feel like they are getting noticed a bit more

I have actually had alot of luck with the AA missiles. There are a couple simple ways to get the helos down with it, same with the jets. I've played in a few of the maps and gotten over 20+ kills doing nothing but AA.

As soon as you hear a lock on your tank from a heli, jump out of it, it will break the lock.

Comment

I'll probably do that - if only to plead with them to revert the choppers back to the bf2 configuration and get 2 man tanks. I really hate games that reward lone wolves with overpowered weapons

Comment

I would like to actually try the mod but unsure how to install it. Hear that you don't won't to actually modify your BF2 directory or you will get a punkbuster error. Anyone got any advice or link. This mod sounds interesting and I play more for the fun than points.
        Thanks.

Comment

well worth your download, operation peacekeeper too
          The only error you might watch out for with USI is to have your terrain set to medium at all times - it will not overwrite BF2 at all

This mod would be perfect if they made all vehicles 2 player (pilot and gunner) dependent rather than lone wolf machines as they are now (the tanks and choppers especially). For a start not only would it enforce teamwork but it would mean more FPS with fewer vehicles needed to spawn

Comment

All I did was to run "usi.exe" and everything went smoothly. No problem whatsoever and I'm enjoying this mod.

Comment

After playing some more I'm a little bothered by the jump out of the tank to survive helicopters lark - getting rid of the damn lockon and going back to laser guided hellfires for the gunner would solve that weirdness
              I'm a little conflicted about the helicopters tbh. I mean the apache is godlike and almost unstoppable in my hands when I am merely an above average pilot - it requires very little skill to use it. See a tank - lock on. Hear a lock on tone - dump flares. Attacked by a jet - do a backflip. It's just too easy for one average person to rule the map with the AH64 or even the hind, tanks don't see them coming, the AA missiles are buggy and rarely hit cleanly (my F16 missiles were firing through the hind) and the gunners position is not really useful with the awful TV view with a fast firing machine gun instead of the head guided 30mm cannon the Apache should have

Comment

I wish the gun sounds were a little different and not the same for all weapons. Even though bf2's sounds are not realistic, they are unique and different and that is why i like them better.

The only other thing i have to say is that the mod is not teamwork based. Some vehicles only occupy 1 person, and there is hardly any teamwork in the servers. It's just get a plane/tank/chopper, attack, and repair.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                  I wish the gun sounds were a little different and not the same for all weapons. Even though bf2's sounds are not realistic, they are unique and different and that is why i like them better.

The only other thing i have to say is that the mod is not teamwork based. Some vehicles only occupy 1 person, and there is hardly any teamwork in the servers. It's just get a plane/tank/chopper, attack, and repair.
                  lol - you'll get a shock when you hear the pistol sounds :laugh: it's like a howitzer :laugh:
                  but yes the teamwork is missing - 2 player vehicles would really solve that
                  right now it's lone wolves in tanks, lone wolves in choppers, lone wolves in bradleys
                  while getting into convoys is punished as it just means easier targets for the chopper pilots

if anyone from USI is listening - 2 player (pilot and gunner) vehicles please

Comment

I still don't know which round to use for what in tanks, Heat is for ??? Sabot is for ???

I watched some documentary ages (long time ago) and it said they fire a Sabot to peirce the armor than a Heat to rip it apart (thus destroying the tank). Doubt it's like that in the game?

It's a great mod, the M16 is abit too much better than the AK47 and it seems that there isn't body armor on Assault so being Assault is pretty much totally useless. Been having alot of fun with this mod.

The helicopters are annoying. But engineers get Stingers so all they have to do is get out of the tank to break the lock, fire a stinger at the chopper and it run's off.

Haven't got a chance to use the A10 but i've used the frogfoot lots of times (infact i'm mostly Iraq to try and balance the teams so that it's not USMC 16 and Iraq - 5, yes, it's just like how everyone switches to China for the J10)

Balance issues but not nearly as annoying as BF2's balance issues.

Comment

I think SABOT should be used exclusively on heavy armour and HEAT for when you want lots of splash damage
                      I love the M16 btw - its incredibly powerful and accurate now
                      If anything aside from the necessary nerf of the apache I'd love to see USI adopt a 'nerf up not down' philosophy. If the M16 is much better than the ak47 boost the latter to match it
                      If the abrams is so much better than the Iraqi tanks then make the Iraqi tanks more powerful
                      One of the major issues with USI is that US hardware absolutely owns the Iraqi equivalent - no one wants a BRDM when the Humvee is so much better etc.
                      They do need to balance the hardware totally the way BF2's ground combat vehicles are balanced and avoid the lone wolf aircraft domination situation of BF2

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                        I think SABOT should be used exclusively on heavy armour and HEAT for when you want lots of splash damage

That's funny because HEAT stands for High Explosive Anti-Tank.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                          S
                          - Balance the damn thing, every weapon should have an equal but different equivalent
                          And
                          for balance: remove the Tank X-zoom

Comment

Originally posted by thehed
                            And
                            No way, that kicks ass.

Comment

Originally posted by thehed
                              And
                              but it's cool
                              where are the tank sweetspots in this mod - the tracks aren't I don't think
                              Is it a one shot kill in the rear?

Comment

Working...
                              X