Joysticks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joysticks...

Well i recently found my joystick burried in my closet, and naturally i'm curious and so I thought I'd ask you experts.

Do you think joysticks help? Are they easy to configure? What can they be used for best? And so on...

I'm pretty noob, so don't flame me too much if i've done something wrong!
    All help is appreciated, thanking you much,

Res.

Re: Joysticks...

Just try it.

Half of the people here swear by their joysticks, and the other half swear by keyboard and mouse.

Me? I use joystick for jets and choppers.

The advantage? Being able to do complete turns/loops/rotations without having to swipe your mouse across the surface of your mousepad a million times

The disadvantage? Probably slightly less accuracy.

Comment

It's going to be a matter of personal taste. I can't fly for crap with mouse and keyboard, but I do pretty good with the joystick (though I'm still no expert). If you've already got it, just plug it in and try it. It's not hard to configure and if find you do like it, do a search here for a program called JoyToKey, it can make your joystick buttons do keyboard functions.

Comment

Funny you should mention JoyToKey

Comment

For chopper I use the mouse and I think it is a lot more precise then a joystick. For jets I go with a joystick due to the fact that you can hold a turn easily. For choppers you really dont need a continued turn apart from barrel rolls and backflips but they are high useless in combat.

Comment

I love using my new joystick. The only downfall is accuracy... I find it takes me awhile to get my xhairs on a ground target to use my cannon

Comment

Yeah, jet cannons is the only thing I can't do as well..but then again, I don't fly jets very often

Practice makes perfect!

Comment

I only use the keyboard for choppers and jets...no mousie 4 me.. tried joystick/ mouse-keyboard ..keyboard on its own is the best in my opin onion

Comment

I use joystick for planes, and mouse for hellicopter. Ive tried to use the joystick on a chopper but i end up flying upside down and blowing up the thing and ****ing off my co-pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by xSomeGuyx
                    I use joystick for planes, and mouse for hellicopter. Ive tried to use the joystick on a chopper but i end up flying upside down and blowing up the thing and ****ing off my co-pilot.
                    A pilot of my own calibre, rolling a helo sure suxs

Comment

Working...
                    X