Battlefield 1942 Exploit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1942 Exploit

I was playing Guadalcanal the other day and somone was hidden inside the walls of the Japanese hangar. Does anyone know if this is an exploit or a hack? They could shoot out with their rifle and mortars and were laying waste to our airfield. If its an exploit I want to know how to do it. Both teams were trying to kill the cheater but we couldn't duplicate it.

Re: Battlefield 1942 Exploit

moved

Comment

I thought it should go here. I just hope it gets read.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMACD
        . If its an exploit I want to know how to do it.
        And that's why I won't tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Endless954
          And that's why I won't tell you.
          You misunderstood me. If I encounter someone cheating and there isn't an admin on the server then I'll fight back. Our entire team was trying to find a way to kill the guy. The level of teamwork was impressive. We just didn't know how to to it. I never have used cheats or exploits in a game and will not except for in these situations.

Comment

Its an old game so no one cares.

Comment

didnt grenades work?

Comment

Originally posted by Eberhardt
                now then, thats no attitude if your a true gamer. If thats the case y is VALVE still updating HL with new stuff, that game was released in 1998.

Jees, mate i fink its most likely an exploit/hack/bug, but very unlikely EA will correct it, they dont even correct BF2 exploits lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eberhardt
                  yes it is an old game but a lot of people still play it. I still have a go at it every once in a while. And obviously somebody Does care or else they wouldnt be posting here.
                  I however dont have an answer to the op's question. As previously stated, wont grenades work?

Comment

I didn't try grenades but we had several tanks and apcs firing at the walls of the hangar. It was a DC server.

BF 1942 is still a good game. Maybe a little old but still fun and a good break from BF2. Its a simpler game in alot of ways and a good way to learn basic tactics.

Comment

The buildings in BF1942, BF2, most (all?) MMORPGs, flight sims, and many other games are prefabricated models made in a modelling program such as 3DsMax. They are then imported into a level with the aid of a map editor. The models are constructed out of polygons, or polies. These are one sided shapes with straight edges. They have no thickness and are basically two dimensional.
                      Being that they are one sided if you were to be able to see from the inside of a building you would be able to see out from the untextured side, and since the side facing you doesn'te exist projectiles can go straight through them. To aid performance modellers usually texture only those things which are usually visible. So the bottom of the house for example would also be transparent and passable, as well as the interior of walls, soldiers, and vehicles.
                      Given BF42's somewhat buggy prediction and physics code it is possible under certain circumstances to be pushed through the side of the wall facing you. Sometimes by being squeezed into it by a vehicle. If you've ever been launched through the roof of a building in BF that's the same thing. Once inside the house will act like an invicible armor.
                      During beta testing of DC Urban Siege for example there were a ton of houses that you could get into because the floor didn't connect fully with the ground.
                      So in short the guy wasn't hacking. He was just being an ass, or it's possible he was just a newbie like yourself who got in there by accident.

Comment

Working...
                      X