Crysis... the best game of 06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis... the best game of 06?

This game looks to be amazing! Who else is hyped?

Re: Crysis... the best game of 06?

Looks sweeet, if the gameplay is as good as the graphics, certainly the best of 06. Im definately getting it Im not sure that my rig could manage it though...

Comment

this lookslike the best game ever, i cant wait for DX10 its true.

Comment

Granted the game will look much better with dx10, but it will also be playable with dx9.

Comment

Seems they spend all their time producing a game engine then create a flagship game (that isnt very good: farcry) to show it off...which is fine cos theyll want to sell their engine...except how many games used crytek?

Unreal is the same except they sell their engine and you see it used all over the place.

Comment

is what we are seeing running on DX10 hardware under Vista or what?

If not, then I'm excited

If so, then I'm NOT excited that I'll have to replace nearly all of my hardware within the next 1.5 years...AGAIN!

Comment

personally im more excited about quake wars myself...

plenty of 06 left aswell dont you think its a little early to be naming game of the year ?

Comment

Crysis and Quake Wars will both be great, but Quake Wars will last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                  is what we are seeing running on DX10 hardware under Vista or what?

If not, then I'm excited

If so, then I'm NOT excited that I'll have to replace nearly all of my hardware within the next 1.5 years...AGAIN!

The third act sounds like it'll be kept a surprise for now, but the first two acts both look and sound incredible, from what we saw. Crysis will support both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10, which means that you can run it on a Windows XP PC, as well as an upcoming Windows Vista PC. You'll get the absolute best graphics with a Vista machine, but DirectX 9 still will look good. The version of the game we saw was using a DirectX 9 machine "simulating" DirectX10 by brute force, and it looked amazing. The battle against the Hunter is incredibly realized, and the lighting and particle effects are unmatched in any game that we've seen. There's also a very cool object-based motion blur effect that Letts told has only previously been seen in CGI animated movies, but now it's in a game.

Comment

Looks so crazy on the interview when hes gunning down trees with the .50. Whever the bullets hit is where it cuts the top half off. the gun sights look amazing as well. Looks amazing whe he picks up the enemies rifle.

Comment

I also like that part but it makes me wonder if you travel a certain distance and come back, will the trees still be mowed down or will they have respawned to full again?

Comment

Originally posted by wootoow
                        I also like that part but it makes me wonder if you travel a certain distance and come back, will the trees still be mowed down or will they have respawned to full again?
                        There will probably be an in game or config setting related to that. I hope this game will run smooth on 2-3 GB ram.

Comment

Check this video out

damn sweet! you can chop palm trees using bullets!

Anyway, can't wait till the game comes out. DirectX 10 video card is already planned for purchase!

www.crysis.ws

Comment

Working...
                          X