Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking in the General.con file .

Originally posted by IVfluids
    PB won't kick you for changing any of the games files manually, unless the admin sets up an md5 check on a particular file in the games main directory. It mainly just scans what is loaded into memory on your comp, save for a very small list of file checks for some games.
    PB will not allow you to connect to a server if you edit any of the core game files like maps or player models/textures. It will give you a content error when you try to connect to a server.

Comment

so does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by M-249 jblankster
        so does it work?
        Answered already.

Originally posted by Wreck
        I tried this when the game was first released. It doesn't work.

Comment

PB will not allow you to connect to a server if you edit any of the core game files like maps or player models/textures. It will give you a content error when you try to connect to a server.
          PB has nothing to do with that, that is the games own thing, it's known as Pure Mode (Content Checking).

Go into any server with a PB Icon and no Pure Icon and you could play with all the modified files you want, unless the server admin specifically sets PB to check the MD5 hash of the file.

Comment

Originally posted by IVfluids
            PB has nothing to do with that, that is the games own thing, it's known as Pure Mode (Content Checking).

Go into any server with a PB Icon and no Pure Icon and you could play with all the modified files you want, unless the server admin specifically sets PB to check the MD5 hash of the file.
            I know about the content check. It's been in the battlefield series since BF1942's 1.4 patch and was in the game before they adopted punkbuster.

Thanks for the tip though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
              No I don't.
              Getting caught by trying the karkand exploit on a clans and admitting it on the clans board....giving a bs reason - getting your stats reset - ya ok

--

I wouldn't modify any files, because the game is fine - and PB will eventually kick for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crow32
                Getting caught by trying the karkand exploit on a clans and admitting it on the clans board....giving a bs reason - getting your stats reset - ya ok

Not only that, but also falsely claiming that he was a beta tester for DICE beta testing on our public ranked server. (technically we're a commuinty not a clan, but thats all semantics)

Im intirigued tho, how did you know this?

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
                  Not only that, but also falsely claiming that he was a beta tester for DICE beta testing on our public ranked server. (technically we're a commuinty not a clan, but thats all semantics)

Im intirigued tho, how did you know this?
                  It was posted in your forums, and there was a link to your boards on a couple sites.

Comment

I know about the content check. It's been in the battlefield series since BF1942's 1.4 patch and was in the game before they adopted punkbuster.

Thanks for the tip though.
                    Glad I could help, otherwise you wouldn't have said this:

PB will not allow you to connect to a server if you edit any of the core game files...

Comment

Working...
                    X