Can't Join Any Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Join Any Servers

I can't join any servers in Battlefield 2... But I think I know what the problem is I just dont know how to fix it

Earlier, I ran Ad-Aware SE Personal and that deletes stuff like Internet files and stuff (cookies etc..) Then, when I go to join a server I can see stuff happening in the server like jets and then it says "Connection to the server has been lost."

I have logged in about 250 hours of BF2 and would like to continue playing so I would REALLY appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't Join Any Servers

Are you able to play any OTHER online games?

You ARE able to connect but then you're LOSING connection, right?

Have you tried updating PunkBuster?

It would be nice to know if you are simply having connection problems...

Try downloading pingplotter from www.pingplotter.com and do a few traces to the big name sites like google.com and microsoft.com and then do a few traces to some BF2 server IPs.

Post the summary text of the traces here if you don't understand what you're seeing...but it should should you if there is a problem with your connection, and where it is occurring.

Comment

When I plot google.com I get 1.39p and when I plot totalbf2.com I get 1.40p which I'd say is quite normal. When I try to update PunkBuster off the page you gave me, it doesnt start the download.

Yes, I can't join any servers.

If this is a connection problem, what can I do?

Comment

Ok, let's see if we can get you to update punkbuster SOMEhow then.

If this link doesn't work, then you are having other issues:

Comment

I reset my modem and it worked! Thanks for taking time out to help me though. Dont worry, I'll remember you.

Comment

LOL..sometimes the simplest solution is the one that works

..I just wish I had thought of it but I'll try and pass that tip along when the same situation comes up again with another member

Comment

Working...
            X