LAME Codec in Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAME Codec in Vegas

When I try to render a video using the LAME codec for the audio, Vegas crashes. Using Vegas 6d. Unsure of LAME version. Removed because Vegas kept defaulting to it.

If you have LAME in Vegas, let me know how you installed it.

Alternatively, if there is another MP3 codec I could use to render at 128K at 44,100hz, lemme know.

Re: LAME Codec in Vegas

hmm, why use LAME. You can use wma which can support up to 784Kbps.

Comment

How do you enable that to compress with video? The highest settings I have for audio codecs (with video, not alone) are 56Kb/s. I don't have a wma option.

Comment

what version of Vegas are you using?

Comment

He said 6d in his first post.

Comment

ok, i didnt saw that lol...

Well, you go to the render and select the save type as "Windows Media Video V9."

Then you click custom and then audio, you should see the wma codecs by then...

Comment

I'll check that, but I want to render using DivX. (.avi)

Comment

1 question to ask you, whats the difference between avi and wmv...

Comment

From what I gather, and see in the renders, better quality and better compression with DivX. In other words, the video looks just as good at half the file size. (roughly)

Comment

If you want to it to be DivX, there are 2 ways:

Either you render your movie in uncompressed or wmv 10 Mbps format and then use VituralDub or RAD video tools to compress it using DivX,

Or you can render it in as AVI in Vegas and choose DivX codecs from the custom settings.

Comment

The second way is how I render to DivX already. I'll check into the first method. I know what you're saying there. Compress the audio how I want in Vegas, and let VDub compress the video for me. Really stupid to have an extra step, but I see what you're saying.

On that note, I've read where people have put separate audio and video files together in VDub to make a video file. In other words, I'll take my video, and render it without sound, then render a seperate mp3 or wma. Open vDub and combine them, making a new render. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do it (in VDub). Do you know?

Comment

When in Vegas you should be able to choose to compress the video with DivX, and then compress the sound with another codec of your choice. Don't need for extra programs or steps.

Comment

Not only should I, I can. The problem is, the best quality I can get, besides uncompressed, is 56 (or 54) Kb/s / 22,100hz. When I had LAME "installed", I had the option to go above that, but it would crash Vegas.

Comment

No no guys, that's all wrong, I know exactly what he wants.
                            Vegas isn't supplied with a good audio codec’s for decent audio quality when encoding with anything other than windows media (because windows has its own audio codec)

The audio codec's supplied for an avi (DivX encoded) are ether uncompressed (stupidly sized downloads) or super compressed i.e. 56k quality line, which I hear allot of in all bf2 videos (especially gunfire) because the editor didn't select the right function or didn't get any third party codec’s.

What I use is Qdesign MPEG.
                            It's very Vegas compatible unlike LAME and allows a wide range of qualities up to 384k/b sec. 128k is a perfect ratio for all production quality audio projects. 96k if you have a project which isn't surround sound configured.
                            I suppose if it was a perfect world DivX would make their own audio codec to bundle.

Comment

Awesome XaliaS! I'll check it out. Thanks! Yeah, 128 is what I want. I render the video we're doing with the 56kb/s and I can really hear the loss of quality, especially in our opening chase music. It's like it chopped off all the highs.

Comment

Working...
                              X