Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying Alive in a bomber, help.

Hey guys,
    I am need of some tips in staying alive in any of the bombers, (although i tend to stay more alive in the chinese one for some reason?).

Please do not turn this thread into how cheesy the j-10 is, or how unfair this or that, or what should be changed.

All i ask, is given the current state of the game, what is the best method for shaking off a lock from an opposing fighter.

The only tips i have managed to come up with, are, i managed to survive a lock in my F-15 against the j-10. I climbed nearly vertical at full throttle, being careful not to stall, and constantely changing direction, (bank left then sharp turning right). I managed to loose him, and with the constant relaying of information from my co-pilot we managed to survive. However, as you all know, it is very difficult to do, espicially if there is a decent fighter pilot after you.

So, all tips would be good, even obvious ones such as, stay away from the most likely places a fighter will be, as in, do bombing runs in particular areas, then retreat, dont hang around.

Lets hear some more 'valid' tips please...
    cheers
    dex

Re: Staying Alive in a bomber, help.

The fighters tend to stay around a low altitude, but i find that the best way to completely avoid fighters is to fly straight up, then come straight down, and depending on the map you should be abled to see most of the vehicles on the map, then once you destroy 1 target soar back up and repeat the process! Happy Hunting!!!

Comment

Yea..you have 800m of altitude to work with...use as much of it as possible. You gotta work on not being seen because more times then not if a fighter's behind you...you're toast. Steep bombing runs works well.

Sometimes when I have a fighter behind me I try to use the throttle to my advantage. I'll make turns so I get out of his view (usually at this point he's following smoke trails once he loses sight of the plane) then I'll lay off the throttle. I've had a lot of people just zoom right by me.

Comment

If youre good, I will keep my distance behind you and play with missile lock card. So, a fast and great velocity change will probably be the only thing that´ll save you (from me), accompanied with maneuvers. In order to do that, play around with altitude. Go into vertical climbs, dive, with turns and whatnot.

Comment

Slow down as quickly and as much as possible. Granted, the F-35 is not a bomber, but I managed to shoot down 4 j-10s on wake a few days ago just because they passed right by me in a turn. It works well, and must people dont expect it. Also, it gives them less time to get a lock on you.

Comment

Get someone in a fighter to fly wingman.

Comment

flying into the sun seems to work quite well for me on oman when im in the bomber. Also if you fly using mouse and keyboard make sure your sensitivity is at max in controls and spin loads of course dont spin whilst flying straight and level cos theres no point then. If ur using joystick fly as slow as possible a lot of fighters will fly right past before they can lock

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium235
                Get someone in a fighter to fly wingman.

That is the best besides flying high. If you have a good wing man, the other teams fighter will be 2 busy with him. Thats how my buds and I play. I might not have the highest score, but we usually win the round cause the bomber is able to rack up the kills.

But 9 times out of 10 the guy gets in the fighter and ignores his wigman. Cause he is out for himself

Comment

Working...
                X