Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Button assign bug in BF2 control options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button assign bug in BF2 control options.

Does anyone know of a way to fix the button assigning problems in BF2. There are buttons not assigned to any function and I can assign them to anything. Also now I can't reset the buttons to defaut because some of the buttons disapear and I can't assign the buttons back to what they are suppose to be? This is really getting on my nerves.

Is there maybe a prgoram that can do it outside BF2, cause I can't even manually edit the .con file. I get some funky glitches if I do that.

Re: Button assign bug in BF2 control options.

Can you be more specific to the button/configuration you are talking about?

Comment

You may be able to just delete the controls.con file and it should give you a new default one. If that does not work, then you can just delete your profile and then recreate it and all default setting will come with the new profile. And before you ask, you will not lose your stats info as that is kept on the gamespy stat servers.

Here is a link to "Anatomy of Controls.con" that helped me to edit my .con files.

Comment

learn how to correctly edit the controls.con here:

Comment

threads merged

Comment

Thanx...nightmares of learning how to script my Quake 3 Arena autoexec file are coming back to me.

Comment

Working...
            X