• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• =HIT=SQUAD VIDEO - From Plowshares Into Swords

=HIT=Squad Clan Presents
    FROM PLOWSHARES INTO SWORDS
    Winner of the BF2Tracker.com Video Contest
    Length: 13:35

It was a 6-week project entailing the work of just over 20 people spread across the United States and one from the United Kingdom.
    It includes a small portion of the farewell speech given by President Dwight D. Eisenhower given on January 7th, 1961 and
    actual audio sound bytes taken from Operation Spear held in Karbala, Iraq and a AC-130 Mission over Afghanistan.

Where You Can Watch
    Note: These tend to be a lower resolution than the downloaded copies.

Google Video

Putfile

Where You Can Download
    Note: Users may have to right click the link you want to download and select SAVE TARGET AS to begin your download. Mirror 1 tends to be the faster download.

High Resolution
    Bitrate: 2.1 Mbps
    Resolution: 720x480
    File Size: 136 MB
    Download Links: Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 | Mirror 3

Medium Resolution
    Bitrate: 768 Kbps
    Resolution: 640x480
    File Size: 64.9 MB

Low Resolution
    Bitrate: 340 Kbps
    Resolution: 320x240
    File Size: 27.6 MB

Re: =HIT=SQUAD VIDEO - From Plowshares Into Swords

lol again ?

Comment

You make yourself look real stupid there Darth, as the first post was just saying its in production.
      But anyway, im downloading now as I usually like your work.

Comment

just a quick question, i thought the bf2tracker video had to be under a certain time limit

13:35 seems a bit high

Comment

Originally posted by -Darkstar10-
          just a quick question, i thought the bf2tracker video had to be under a certain time limit

13:35 seems a bit high
          The first one was like 5-minutes or less. The second one was longer than 10-minutes, but shorter than 15. I should have listened to Xalias like over a month ago and posted this back then. Hope yall enjoy it.

Comment

i liked it, it was a nice combat movie. it showed a more realistic side to combat instead of the infamous "run and gun" the people in your video have skills and brains and no one looks stupid. i like how the tank is keeping up with the infantry and i liked how you used real audio to make the speech sounds seem realistic as if they were supposed. but the movie lacked a solid story line. i think if you had one this movie would be insanely great, but as of now i give it a 9/10.

editing was also top notch, you could tell time was taken to make it look good.

Comment

What can I say Tom... but of course I don't want people to think I'm overjoyed that the bf2tracker compitition crashed and burned, only pity for those poor contestants having to put up with all the stupid delays.

I've actually just came back from seeing MI3 at the movies. I hope you can excuse me if I'm little less Examinant? (if there is such a thing as "running out of mind" right now) so I won't comment on actual content at this time, but what I can say now is this:
              You stuck by your word and released the movie... You took the leadership and control in getting other contestants aloneside you and made a really affective stand about the situation. I envy the lot of you for I would have lacked the encouragment alone to do such a thing.
              For that I feel your've given yourselfs an award already that nobody can't put a rank on.

I will get round to downloading all those other movies and review a couple.
              Yeesh! that's allot of bytes!
              I can already see one negative on the runtime rule lol.
              Well done friends!

Comment

nothing to great to me, dragged on a lot. but that just me.

Comment

hmm... whats the story of this?

Comment

Excellent job! Very very nice.

Comment

ive watched half and already i'm like: "aww, and the heroes prevails"

cute...

Comment

Excellent production values.........but i found the pacing a bit slow. Was waiting for them to get overrun in a mass creshendo at the end (but alas). As with previous posts, it really needs a story to immerse the audience and make them care. A good movie though

Comment

I care.

Comment

Originally posted by O2zi3
                            Excellent production values.........but i found the pacing a bit slow. Was waiting for them to get overrun in a mass creshendo at the end (but alas). As with previous posts, it really needs a story to immerse the audience and make them care. A good movie though
                            In making the video it was my sole intent to not as much as fill the video with a storyline, but to show what actually happens when American Troops go into battle and keep the action "true to life". They are precise and they are brutal. Unfortunately, the hardcore "run and gun" battles don't take place a lot when troops move slowly into battle.

And when and IF they do, there's usually a lot of armor involved doing more shooting than the actual troops. I was growing sick of video's portraying Middle Eastern Forces overwhelming American Troops, blowing up their tanks, mass slaughtering their squads, and then the troops having to altogether RUN from the opposition. Our troops are well training killing machines, and this video showed it!

A good portion of the military video's, mainly the video from Operation Spear in Karbala, Iraq, was uploaded by Robert Rusch, a guy I met on AR15.com (RustedAce is his name) who was in that very squad. The man speaking in the video talking about "calling in the track" and later you hear him say, "Frag Out" during an actual clearing of an Elementary School in Karbala is his Squad Leader.

From Plowshares Into Swords shows real military movement and I had 4 Technical Advisors onboard to make sure it was so. One AirForce Air Combat Controller (=HIT=Ghostrider), one retired soldier who served in an Armored Battalion in Haiti controlling the unrest down there (=HIT=Zombie), one man who served in Mogadishu and saw actual combat (=HIT=bReEd), and one retired USMC Major (=HIT=Majordad).

Thank you for the comments and I'm sorry for those of you who thought it was too slow.

See yall around on the boards and in the community.

Edit
                            Aside from that, has anyone been watching the little "stir" I started on BF2Tracker.com?

Comment

Results to the "contest" were finally posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X