Project Reality Mini-Mod ROCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality Mini-Mod ROCKS

I have been playing ProjectReality Mini-Mod for the past week, and it rocks. The new game play mode of advance and secure creates a lot more team work. The weapons are more functional. Heck ... I took out four guys with the mp5 one right after the other. The new classes seem very balanced. They have changed the point system as well and you loss points if you get killed in a vehicle ie plane or tank. I would suggest everyone check it out. All it needs is more servers!

Re: Project Reality Mini-Mod ROCKS

This was a pretty pointless thread, but we see your point.

I'm a fan of PRMM as well. Some of the stuff in there is brilliant, although im not so happy about not being able to capture the bases in a random order. I can see that it intensifies combat, but in real life (PRMM is all about being as close to reality as possible) you can take whatever point you like whenever you like. Thats the only negative thing there is.

Oh, one more thing. Too few clips on most guns, except medic AK.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowControl
      This was a pretty pointless thread, but we see your point.
      hah hah. I think im going to use that in my sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SEVERITY
        hah hah. I think im going to use that in my sig!
        Ill take that as a sign from above. Someone actually agrees with me!

[EDIT]Btw, i might use your comment in my sig! Gimme two secs....

[EDIT2] Hehe, look at my sig now! Brilliant....

Comment

Sweet! Done and done 'er!!

Comment

Only negative thing I have to say is TKing runs rampent on all non-admined servers. Cause no one can figure out who just killed ya.

Other than that, I love the mod

Comment

The whole point of the flags is to determine control. In vanilla BF2, just because a guy runs to a rear flag, caps it and then drives off to the next flag, does not mean that the area is controlled. Typically you would need to leave forces at each post to defend the area. In the game, the manpower is limited to 16 to 64 players which is really a minimal force to attack or defend just one post. With the AAS mode in PRMM at any one time, you still have three flags that you can attack or defend. This gets the numbers up to a realistic level. PRMM enables the ability to use real tactics to defend and attack in intense battles versus driving and capping empty flags. In most BF2 games it's a hide and seek game. What do you like about the random flag captures?

Comment

Originally posted by (-0-)Mr.Hyde
                Only negative thing I have to say is TKing runs rampent on all non-admined servers. Cause no one can figure out who just killed ya.

Other than that, I love the mod
                We'll see what we can do about that in a future release. We have some plans to address the concern, without adding back in the kill confirmations (aka so and so killed so and so). We really like the "is he dead or did he just go prone" on the long range engagements.

egg

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Wokman
                  The whole point of the flags is to determine control. In vanilla BF2, just because a guy runs to a rear flag, caps it and then drives off to the next flag, does not mean that the area is controlled. Typically you would need to leave forces at each post to defend the area. In the game, the manpower is limited to 16 to 64 players which is really a minimal force to attack or defend just one post. With the AAS mode in PRMM at any one time, you still have three flags that you can attack or defend. This gets the numbers up to a realistic level. PRMM enables the ability to use real tactics to defend and attack in intense battles versus driving and capping empty flags. In most BF2 games it's a hide and seek game. What do you like about the random flag captures?
                  QFT

That's how the game should be played. It's called Battlefield2, not Musical Bases 2. Why on earth should a round winner be determined by who can capture random, unoccupied bases. In a battlefield there tends to be battle. PRMM ensures that is what you get, and it distinguishes the talented shooters from the lucky ones.

I suggest everyone at least try PRMM. If you don't like it, at least you can say you tried.

Comment

why cant u cap any flags in singleplayer mode? None of the bots on both teams can take the neutral flag(including urself) , nothing happends.. and the bots are kinda dumb to.. U can jump on top of an enemy tank,and the turret just go round and round.. kinda funny but...

Comment

Negative... spawn time sucks, and also... on some maps capping flags in order is nearly un-possible... like on the map where you have to cap the docks first, the map with little bird... there is so much god damn fire going at your helis and your men, you cant last more then 30 seconds once you reach the cement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Wokman
                        My "problem" with AAS is that it becomes a frag fest at the two contested flags (the one your team is defending and the one your team is attacking). AAS would be better if there were multiple connection points between flags instead of just the one. By being forced to capture flags in a certain order, tactics and strategies are thrown out of the door. Your CO can't decide which flags are important to his overall strategy and is really forced in to micromanaging his squads.

And, yea, that docks map is a terrible AAS map and should demonstrate what I'm talking about. The OpFor side puts 32 guys at that flag and the USMC has to continuously throw 32 guys at the flag hoping someone can manage to live long enough to capture the flag. Things would be greatly improved if the USMC CO could direct squads to attack 3 different flags a long the beach.

That said, game quality has nothing to do with the mod, it has to do with the people in the game. TKing, runway camping smacktards will ruin a game no matter what mod they play.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo-82(NOR)
                          why cant u cap any flags in singleplayer mode? None of the bots on both teams can take the neutral flag(including urself) , nothing happends.. and the bots are kinda dumb to.. U can jump on top of an enemy tank,and the turret just go round and round.. kinda funny but...
                          I was little confused by no flag drop too till read

this :

IMPORTANT Single Player Notes
                          - In order to be able to capture flags in Single Player you will need to do the following:
                          --- 1. go to /mods/pr/python/game/gamemodes/
                          --- 2. run spfix.bat
                          --- 3. this will now run Single Player maps in traditional Conquest mode;
                          --- 4. In order to rever this change, you will have to manually rename gpm_cq.py to gpm_cq_disabled_by_aas.py and then rename gpm_aas_disabled_by_cq.py gpm_cq.py
                          - AAS mode (gpm_cq before running spfix.bat) is not supported in Single Player
                          - Extraction mode (gpm_xtract) is not supported in Single Player
                          - Single Objective mode (gpm_sobj) is not supported in Single Player

Hope that helps ?

Comment

Originally posted by SnowControl
                            ...although im not so happy about not being able to capture the bases in a random order. I can see that it intensifies combat, but in real life (PRMM is all about being as close to reality as possible) you can take whatever point you like whenever you like...
                            :laugh: I seem to be the only person who finds this outrageously funny!

{WP}Paas

Comment

Working...
                            X