Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Invisible Snipers' - Has this happened to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Invisible Snipers' - Has this happened to you?

I've been playing Sniper a lot recently (while trying to get my Expert explosives badge), and I have notice something very amusing...

Because of the various Sniper uniforms being similar, no matter which side you play, sometimes people tend to get a little confused about what side you are on.

In fact, at times it's like you are actually 'invisible'.

A typical example is when playing in the confines of the alleyways next to the Hotel on Karkand. Things - as you know - get very frantic on this map, and you are tripping over the enemy half the time...

I have run into a squad of enemy on this map, and it has taken them quite a few second to realize that I am an enemy Sniper, and not their Sniper!

:laugh:

This has led to numerous funny situations, where I have run into a crowd of enemy, dropped a couple of Claymores and run out again!

Anyway, this 'trick' can be helped along if you come from a direction that they expect friends to come from (behind for example).

Anyone else found this?

And why does it take so long for people to register your red tag! LOL

-

Re: 'Invisible Snipers' - Has this happened to you?

No because if i dont see the blue tag they get smoked...but funny

Comment

That's how I got my Verteran Knife Badge...its funny that in a pile of or in the middle of a bunch of people you can knife like crazy. When you're really close sometimes your red name tag gets confused, like you hinted, with other name tags (since you can't judge a name tag by distance, necessarily).

Comment

People don't expect a enemy sniper to be that close so they think that you're in their team. This is because snipers are supposed to snipe not run around in alleys...

Comment

Originally posted by Idaeus
          People don't expect a enemy sniper to be that close so they think that you're in their team. This is because snipers are supposed to snipe not run around in alleys...
          LOL - you are right of course, but what the hell...It's so much fun!

Comment

I'll have to try that soemtime then..

Comment

happened to me a few time, got ammo packs and medi packs dropped, as they ran off, head shots :evil: .

Comment

I don't look at the tags, I can easily tell the difference between the different models. Same goes for classes

Comment

I have noticed this, not so much as from me doing it but from watching battle recorder files, heck I even saw a medic toss the guy a health pack before the surprised looking sniper popped him one in the noggin.

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
                    No because if i dont see the blue tag they get smoked...but funny

yep, no blue, then you die.

Comment

Originally posted by Big-Ranger
                      I've been playing Sniper a lot recently (while trying to get my Expert explosives badge), and I have notice something very amusing...

Because of the various Sniper uniforms being similar, no matter which side you play, sometimes people tend to get a little confused about what side you are on.

In fact, at times it's like you are actually 'invisible'.

A typical example is when playing in the confines of the alleyways next to the Hotel on Karkand. Things - as you know - get very frantic on this map, and you are tripping over the enemy half the time...

I have run into a squad of enemy on this map, and it has taken them quite a few second to realize that I am an enemy Sniper, and not their Sniper!

:laugh:

This has led to numerous funny situations, where I have run into a crowd of enemy, dropped a couple of Claymores and run out again!

Anyway, this 'trick' can be helped along if you come from a direction that they expect friends to come from (behind for example).

Anyone else found this?

And why does it take so long for people to register your red tag! LOL

-
                      don't come to close to me, because minimap/color of the outfit says enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X