Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VoIP

Hey,
    I can't seem to get my VoIP working for some reason. I know my speakers and mic work fine because i use them in other games and they always work fine for everything. But when im in the game and look at the squad list, my name is one of the only or few that do not have a Mic symbol beside there name. I have never heard anyone talk on BF2 or talked myself and i would really like to.
    I go to options and go to Audio settings. I put an x on the enable VoIP. set the transmission and receive ( or wahteveR) Thigns to 100%. CLick apply. THen i go to a server, and the mic symbol is not there. So i hit ESC and check my options again, and sure enough its not enabled anymore. SO i set it hit apply, go back and its still not there. I repeat the steps again and see its not on again even though i just set it.

I set it while in a server and while not connected to a server and either way it always comes unset somehow.

Any ideas or advice on how to fix this?
    Thanks a lot
    Cpt.Zer0-

Re: VoIP

My brother had that excact problem, but he fixed it. I will ask him how he did and post the answer...

Also keep in mind that some servers don't use vo-ip.

Comment

Yeah i know, but all the ones i have been had the headphone icon and were definently had VoIP, cuz the gunner of my heli was getting mad at me cuz i wasnt listening to him........ i didnt even know he was talking .
      i just thought ppl never used this VoIP thing and thats why i never heard anyone talk. But i guess my game just keeps shutting it off for some reason.

Thanks though let me know what ur brother says

Cpt.Zer0-

Comment

This was posted a few weeks ago by someone, and I cant remember who, but it fixed my problem:

It seems to be that people who have onboard sound (and maybe soundcards too, i dunno) have a DirectX conflict that messes with the viop.

Go to start--->run---> type dxdiag --->go to the Sound tab---> move the hardward acceration tab back from Full to Basic.

I have absolutely no idea why it fixes some peoples' problems, but it does. Good luck!

Comment

I've heard that you can sometimes fix this by re-running the Voip setup tool in the BF2 start menu.

Comment

Seems to be an increasing problem (I get it too).

Any chances that it will be addressed in 1.3?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUfan61
              This was posted a few weeks ago by someone, and I cant remember who, but it fixed my problem:

It seems to be that people who have onboard sound (and maybe soundcards too, i dunno) have a DirectX conflict that messes with the viop.

Go to start--->run---> type dxdiag --->go to the Sound tab---> move the hardward acceration tab back from Full to Basic.

I have absolutely no idea why it fixes some peoples' problems, but it does. Good luck!

Thanks a lot that did the trick. After spending too much building my computer, didnt see the need for a sound card at the time because the integreated one was a 5.1 card which was good for me because i had the surround sound speakers.

Anyways thanks a lot that must be what all ppl with integrated sound cards must have to do. (most at least)
              Cpt Zer0-

Comment

MOD, any chance this could be a sticky? Seems to be a common fix that alot of folks need to figure out

Comment

Working...
                X