Some new mods are out and some thoughts on them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new mods are out and some thoughts on them

Just want to inform people who don't know 2 full conversions are out for BF 2

Operation Peace Keeper (my most favorite mod so far)

US Intervention (this one is kind of like a desert combat clone)

there is also project reality mini-mod 1.3 but it does not have alot of new weapons or maps.

here is the websites for these mods

Operation Peace Keeper

US Intervention

Project Reality Mini-Mod

if you cant find any servers for these 3 mods go to this website and type in

gamevariant= + 3 begginning intials of the mod you want to play. A list of all the servers will come up and it will show if anyone is playing them here is an example for opk (operation peace keeper)

gamevariant=opk

here is the website

My thoughts on these mods I give all of them 2 thumbs up OPK is my most favorite out of the 3 and PRMM is my least favorite, USI is in the middle.

OPK mod

Pros

-Best gameplay imo there is no parachutes in choppers

-The maps are well detailed and beautifully done

-The maps have good obsticles you can duck behind and shoot over IE table,wrecked car, sand bags

-A wide verity of new weapons never seen before in the BF 2 engine.

-A silenced spec ops gun, anti air/anti tank missle launchers, sub-machine guns, micro sub machine guns, pistols that do damage.

-Alot of new vehicles never seen before in BF 2

Cons

-Lack of maps only about 4 maps most servers only play 2 of them

-Alot of minor bugs

-A small community not many Americans play this mod most servers are German/Euro the vast majority of people who play this mod are euros

-Only 2 factions you can currently play Germans or Serbians most likely more will come out in future patchs.

-Not many US servers the ones that exist are mostly empty

USI mod

Pros

-A wide verity of maps compared to the other 2 mods if im not mistaken there is over 10 maps most of these maps I have played are mostly desert settings.

-Alot of new vehicles more then the other mods

-This mod feels alot like Desert Combat final from bf 1942, I am anxious to see how this mod will keep and survive against the upcomeing DC 2 AKA Desert Conflict.

-Good vehicle sounds on the Humvees and Iraqi Jeeps & planes/helis

Cons

-The weapon sounds sound horrible they don't even sound like the real guns particuly the AK-47 sounds more like a europeon assault rifle.

-There is not enough weapons to choose from there is also bearly any new weapons the only new ones are a RPG/shoulder anti-air missle launcher

-The skins on the vehicles are low quality (maybe its just my crappy Geforce 6600 on mediuem settings) Someoen will have to confirm this or not.

-The game play is not really as realistic compared to OPK or PRMM the logicstics of the maps/weapons/vehicles are not that well done.

-The sniper rifle is pure crap and you will not be able to get any kills with it even if you are a good sniper.

-You can parachute out of choppers which is kind of unrealistic maybe on planes its ok but not on choppers. (I would like to see some type of "rope" system implemented on some of these mods so you can swing down from the blackhawk like on the somolia mod on BF 42.)

PRMM Mod

Pros

- The most military realistic mod I probebly have ever played on any game. Its so well done I think it was a little over done.

- The best community I have seen out of the 3 mods this community is growing the fastest and this mod has the most active servers.

- Nice snipers have been added the sniper rifle is silent

- New game play modes never seen before in any mod for BF 2

- A night map the first to be added to a vanilla type setting on the new mods so far.

-A few new vehicles not sure on how many but I do know there is a black SUV/ Black "little bird" type chopper.

Cons

-This mod is probebly to realistic imo which takes out alot of the fun

-Lack of new weapons bearly any new weapons except sniper rifle silenced.

-Lack of a realistic spec ops which I was suprised cause this mod was soppose to be about realism but why is there no silencer on the spec ops sub machine gun? Why isnt there any other spec ops guns?

-Could of implemented a tow/grapple hook line for spec ops and snipers it can be easily converted from BF 2 SF

-Lack of new maps

-Lack of new vehicles

-Game play is kind of stale its to much like BF 2 vanilla with only a few "phyiscal,logicstical changes/tweeks I guess thats why its considerd a "mini-mod" with the type of well off community,staff/devs,website I would think they would be able to add alot more content.

-This mod needs more content/loveing I don't think it should be a mini-mod it has to much of a good and growing community with dedicated devs there is no reason to keep it a mini-mod imo.

=================================================

Conclusion

This has been my summery don't be drawn off and don't take my word for it it's just an opinion which means nothing. I recondmend everyone to download these 3 mods judge them for yourselves. There is also like 3 other mods

rise of kobel ( a sci-fi mod)
    BF 1918 2 ( part 2 of the famous WWI mod of BF 1942)
    BF 2 racer ( a mini mod which you can have races)

I didn't download the above 3 mods due to lack of hard drive space but from what I heard all 3 of them where wonderfull except BF 1918 2 was mostly a demo with 1 map.

Currently these mods I have mentioned are the first ones comeing out for BF 2 there will be alot more mods in the future I am looking forward to these upcomeing mods

Some mods I will be downloading

POE: Point Of Existence (much like OPK so I heard)
    Desert Conflict (A Desert Combat for BF 2 (REMAKE)
    BF 2 Pirates (Part 2 of the famous pirate mod of BF 1942)
    Surreal 2 ( A good car mod )
    IDF Fight for Independece (Looks like a good mod based on the 1950's war in the middle east)
    Forgotten Hope 2 ( My most favorite WWII mod)
    Eve Of Destruction (A Indo-China/Vietnam conflict, the only Vietnam mod for BF 2)

also I will download the other WWII ones and all the other ones but those 7 are the ones I like the best

This June I will be getting another hard drive so I will be able to download like 20 more mods

Re: Some new mods are out and some thoughts on them

PRMM has lots of new maps, it just also works on the vanilla maps too. Therefore you see people playing both.

Comment

Battleracer web site:

This is a mod that makes you able to have races with the DPV car. It also has boost. AWESOME!

Comment

You hit the nail on the head with your review.

The problem with BF2 is that it uses only a few elements, 4 sorts of trees, about a dozen different buildings a few fences. These elements were repeated in vanilla maps already, and now the mods dish them up again.

This is where OPK really stands out, with a few new and open buildings.

BF2 is a great game, and it's a difficult task for modders to create better gameplay. I've seen a lot of ideas - often discussed on the forums -, which didn't improve the BF2 gameplay at all.
        The most common of which would be
        - infantry only maps, which turned out to be plain boring.
        - removal of UAV
        - artillery only with request from SL
        - shoulder launched stingers
        - AT mines carried by AT
        - sequential flag capture
        - vehicles (AA) operated by two or more people (Driver+Gunner)

My OPK gameplay montage:

Comment

I recondmend everyone use this tool if thye have problems finding a server that runs a particuler mod. This tool easily helps the issue of Dices crappy mod filter system.

Comment

Working...
          X