Another crash to desktop topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another crash to desktop topic

Alright. I have never had this prollem before till now.

I was gonna play some bf2 cause i havnt played all day. And when i click join server. I get CTD, and im not sure why. So i was like ok, ill restart my computer maybe that'll fix it....no luck. Then i thought, well maybe its just SF...nope does the same on bf2v.

Whats goin on? i really wanna play. And i dont really feel like reinstalling everything again.

Thanks in advance.

PS, yes i did search.

-sky

Re: Another crash to desktop topic

have you patched to the latest version? and have you defragmented you hardrive lately?

Comment

Originally posted by ZackAttack2005
      have you patched to the latest version? and have you defragmented you hardrive lately?
      Yea, i played yesterday. So yea im pretty sure im on the latest patch

About the defrag. Would that realyl cause it? I have defraged in a LONG! time. And latley i have noticed that i hear my IDE drive wroking when i didnt used to. SO ill give that a shot.

Although bf2 is on my SATA drive.....

-sky

Comment

Originally posted by Importskyline22
        Alright. I have never had this prollem before till now.

I was gonna play some bf2 cause i havnt played all day. And when i click join server. I get CTD, and im not sure why. So i was like ok, ill restart my computer maybe that'll fix it....no luck. Then i thought, well maybe its just SF...nope does the same on bf2v.

Whats goin on? i really wanna play. And i dont really feel like reinstalling everything again.

Thanks in advance.

PS, yes i did search.

-sky
        Here are some possibilities, without trying each of them you will never know:
        -Virus/spyware, do a scan
        -Bad BF2 install, reinstall
        -Bad drivers, check each driver is the most current
        -Bad Windows install, reinstall windows
        -Faulty RAM, HDD, PSU, Graphics card, check each

There is no easy answer for you, sorry.

Comment

yeah, i would try defragging and if that doesnt work then do what what mlkmnz said, try running some virus/spyware scans, doesnt work make sure you have latest drivers for your vid card, if it still doesnt help try just reinstalling bf2 and that should clear things up, i doubt you will need to go as far as reformatting whole pc though if it was just working fine

Comment

Working...
          X