Question about the Expansion packs / Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Expansion packs / Mods

I see that there is Modern Combat, Special Forces, and Euro Pack. My question is, how should I decide which to purchase? And are these all Mods for Battlefield 2?

If so, do I play them all from within the Battlefield 2 game and also do you use your same player so you can continue to rank him up?

Sorry for all the questions but to me, this all seems confusing since I am semi new to Bf2!

Re: Question about the Expansion packs / Mods

Originally posted by RagingChipmunk
    I see that there is Modern Combat, Special Forces, and Euro Pack. My question is, how should I decide which to purchase? And are these all Mods for Battlefield 2?

If so, do I play them all from within the Battlefield 2 game and also do you use your same player so you can continue to rank him up?

Sorry for all the questions but to me, this all seems confusing since I am semi new to Bf2!
    Modern Combat is not an expansion, it is a console game.

EU plays on a normal server.

SF is a seperate server.

Your character is persistent with SF and EU.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Modern combat is Battlefield 2 for PlayStation (and other consoles?) so forget that.

Special Forces is a real mod for BF2 just like Project Reality or US Intervention. Euro Forces is a "booster pack" which gives three new (bad) maps and Euro army for vanilla BF2. You do not need to start it as a mod like SF for instance. Just start BF2 and join a server running one of those maps (server may run vanilla maps too). And yes you can you use same player profile and gain points for it.

Which one to buy? I don't know. Special Forces is ok, but EF is silly, since there are so few servers and most likely they run EF only, with no vanilla maps.

You can check servers running EF maps in in-game browser just search for maps Great Wall, Operation Smoke Screen or Taraba Quarry.

Comment

Ahh good tips thanks for the advice. I guess ill just keep playing good-ole BF2 without any mods/add-on's. Are there any user-made mods out for BF2 that are free? Or just the ones that EA is selling?

Comment

Originally posted by RagingChipmunk
          Ahh good tips thanks for the advice. I guess ill just keep playing good-ole BF2 without any mods/add-on's. Are there any user-made mods out for BF2 that are free? Or just the ones that EA is selling?
          theres a couple,

here's one:

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
            theres a couple,

here's one:
            http://usi.jarhedz.com/
            Tried usi on 3 different computers, 2 with nvidia cards (7900, 6800) and 1 ati (x800), the mod crashes to desktop on each one.

For the original poster, SF is a great mod for the game. I have played it more than the vanilla bf2. Great maps, new weapons, and lots of fun.

Search for it at compusa, circuitcity, bestbuy, target, etc for the lowest price.

Comment

Working...
            X