Selling your BF2 DVD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling your BF2 DVD...

Due to time constraints, my graduation from college, and my family responsibilities, I would like to sell my Battlefield 2 DVD. I have three accounts attached to this DVD, and I would like to know if there is anything that I have to do in order to sell it to someone else. My concern is that whoever bought it might not be able to start a new account, or be accused of having an illegal copy. I would offer to sell my account, but I doubt anyone would want it, I am an average player.

I tried searching the forum for anything on this topic and was unsuccessful.

Thanks...

Re: Selling your BF2 DVD...

I'm Spartacus!

Comment

its enough if you send the CD-key...

Comment

You'd have to check the license agreement to see what your legal rights/obligations are as far as transferring the license to another person. As a practical matter the DVD doesn't really have much value; the important thing is that you give the new owner the CD key and don't try to use it again yourself in the future. If they're smart they'll want to test the key to make sure it's valid before paying or have some iron-clad guarantee they can get their money back if it isn't.

Comment

Be careful not to post your account on E-Bay or something similiar, it is against EA rules to sell your account to someone else... they will reset it. Not to sure about the actual game though...

Comment

Originally posted by xXMMMSXx
            I'm Spartacus!
            lol, you are the first person to ever do that! I have been waiting almost a year, as I expected people to do it a little more often.

Comment

Je suis Spartacus!

I purchased a pre-played version of both BF1942 and Bf Vietnam and have yet to have any issues.

If you're a trustworthy person, then you can always sell the game on Ebay without forgetting to include the CDkey. Any one person can setup an EA account with the CDkey, it just means two accounts couldn't play at once (simultaneous).

I hope that helps.

Comment

So there is no limit as to the number of accounts that can be created with one CD-KEY? It seems I remember that only five accounts could be created with a single key.

Comment

Originally posted by SPARTACUS
                  So there is no limit as to the number of accounts that can be created with one CD-KEY? It seems I remember that only five accounts could be created with a single key.
                  That may be true. I'm not sure about no limit, but I do know that some people, as yourself for example, have more than two accounts with the same CDkey.

Again, just never use the account with the CDkey assigned to it while someone else is, and it should work.

I'm not sure how, but is there a way to disable/de-activate an account through EA? I'm sure it's possible...

PEACE

Comment

there really should not be any issues. I have two cpus but two different accounts and I am able to use my BF2 and my special forces cd at the same time just because there different profiles so there should not be a problem i would not assume.

Comment

It is nice you are selling a DVD. I have bought BF for friends lately and they are always 3CDs. Wish all/more games/software were on DVD.

Comment

I don't know but, because I had to pay my credit card bill and I had no money, I sold my original BF2 CD and only run the game on Special Forces CD

Comment

Originally posted by Pilo-II
                          I don't know but, because I had to pay my credit card bill and I had no money, I sold my original BF2 CD and only run the game on Special Forces CD
                          LOL! wow...

Comment

Originally posted by Pilo-II
                            ..which is illegal/against EULA

Comment

Originally posted by SPARTACUS
                              lol, you are the first person to ever do that! I have been waiting almost a year, as I expected people to do it a little more often.
                              No, i'm Spartacus.

I'm Brian and so's my wife.

Comment

Working...
                              X