Pc Rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc Rebooting

So i log into battlefield, find a server, connect to it. That all goes fine. Then within about 10-15 minutes my computer just reboots, no bsod or anything, just reboots. This happens EVERY time i play. and its really starting to annoy me.
    any ideas?

My pc specs
    Intel p4 2.6ghz@3.0 hyperthreading
    nvidia geforce 6800 gt 256mb
    2.5gb ram
    1x60gb (swap)
    1x36gb raptor (os)
    1x180gb (storage)
    1x300gb (games/programs)

SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

Re: Pc Rebooting

Sounds like a virus to me.

Comment

Right Click My Computer > Properties > Advanced Tab > Start Up & Recovery Click Settings, Untick Automatically Restart under the system failure section. You have to restart for it to take effect but see if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by alternativesurfe
        So i log into battlefield, find a server, connect to it. That all goes fine. Then within about 10-15 minutes my computer just reboots, no bsod or anything, just reboots. This happens EVERY time i play. and its really starting to annoy me.
        any ideas?
        What are your PC specs? Some AMD 64's dont like cool & quiet to be on, especially the X2's.

Comment

That really sucks man I would probably throw my cpu across the room and then get ****ed that I did that. I would run an antivirus unless you take screen shots of your cpu and then just go back to that date as long as you can stand losing some stuff...................

Comment

Originally posted by alternativesurfe
            any ideas?
            Yes I just got this issue resolved... check out this post I was able to finally get it fixed yesterday and posted all the steps I went through to resolve my issue. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...533#post931533

Comment

I posted this in another thread maybe it will work for you too:

I used to have an issue with my system restarting after about 5-10 min or up to an hour.

I have decided that it was a usb driver issue. I had installed drivers for most of my peripherials. When i went to safe mode, unpluged all my usb's, uninstalled everything under the usb in devmgmt.msc, and let the the xp drivers do everything the crashing stopped. I then reinstalled a few drivers that i really wanted (like G15) and had a few crashes but nothing like before.

So simply put use as few third party drives as possible to limit conflicts.

Side Note: There used to be literally near a 500 of these same threads, read through them before posting more of the same.

Comment

could be a heat issue. my friends system did this too when he tried to play games, his cpu heatsink was clogged with dust. with a little cleaning he was up and running again.

Comment

when the system becomes unstable it automatically restarts, it used to do this for my old card

Comment

I had this problem a month ago, it turns out that my graphics card's fan just stopped working. The system was unstable coz the card was too hot. Have you overclocked the card coz that might be the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X