Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Karkand

Originally posted by Gamerguy X
    Ok. I guess this could be labeled as a rant, but please, if the only thing you will do is hit reply and say "You're an idiot, grow up and get over it", then your reply is NOT needed. Thank you.

Anyway, I began playing BF2 in October/November 2005. I have a sheitty laptop, so I could only play at a Game Shack. Everytime I would go, I would find myself glued to BF2 - I would play almost no other games.

Of all the levels, I would focus most on Sharqi, Karkand and Wake. But deep down inside, I loved Karkand the most. Remember now, this was in the days where you could still jump and shoot (they seem so long ago).

After they released the first "bad" patch, I could no longer jump up and shoot over walls. I never bunny hopped. Never C4 chucked. Ever. But now I couldn't hit people above a little wall with my machine gun anymore becuase I couldn't jump. Oh well. Then came the PKM rape-ing. This made the map a sure pick for all whores. Great, but at least that got fixed.

Next came grenades. If a new game starts in Karkand, the first 5 minutes are lobbing grenades. Now I know this is a good source of kills....but it's all luck. And dumb luck, if you ask me.

Finaly, vehicles whores decided to make Karkand their primary home and I cannot grab a tank without getting Tked (this is no different with aircraft in any level, though) or I can't walk down half a street withtout seeing an enemy tank or APC.

And now on top of the massive pool of tanks, I find myself having to constantly run from tanks because the nerfed AT rocket can no longer do decent damage (unless you get 3-4 good solid shots on a tank without it noticing you.).

Well what does all this complaining mean? Does it all have a point, or am I just ranting on for no reason. Well, I do have a reason. I notice myself almost never playing Karkand anymore. I open up BF2 at the Game Shack...and I go straight to Sharqi. Im not feeling the Karkand vibe anymore. If your Mec, you are getting raped by the tanks and apc's from the US. If you are US, you are getting pwned just walking down ur little hill.

Im just wondering, has any of the things I mentioned effected you and yoru playing habits? As I stated, now I can barely stand Karkand anymore. How do you guys feel, and I apologize in advance if my post was long and meaningless I just tend to type as I would talk.

If I'm US, I go as engineer and grab a tank or APC, if there's none around I go as support or Medic and sneak over to the factory and create a spawn point for my squad to attack.

If I'm MEC, I take am APC or tank as engineer and hold the hill in the alley to keep sneaky bastards like me from trying to get to the factory

Comment

Ok. I guess this could be labeled as a rant, but please, if the only thing you will do is hit reply and say "You're an idiot, grow up and get over it", then your reply is NOT needed. Thank you.

Anyway, I began playing BF2 in October/November 2005. I have a sheitty laptop, so I could only play at a Game Shack. Everytime I would go, I would find myself glued to BF2 - I would play almost no other games.

Of all the levels, I would focus most on Sharqi, Karkand and Wake. But deep down inside, I loved Karkand the most. Remember now, this was in the days where you could still jump and shoot (they seem so long ago).

After they released the first "bad" patch, I could no longer jump up and shoot over walls. I never bunny hopped. Never C4 chucked. Ever. But now I couldn't hit people above a little wall with my machine gun anymore becuase I couldn't jump. Oh well. Then came the PKM rape-ing. This made the map a sure pick for all whores. Great, but at least that got fixed.

Next came grenades. If a new game starts in Karkand, the first 5 minutes are lobbing grenades. Now I know this is a good source of kills....but it's all luck. And dumb luck, if you ask me.

Finaly, vehicles whores decided to make Karkand their primary home and I cannot grab a tank without getting Tked (this is no different with aircraft in any level, though) or I can't walk down half a street withtout seeing an enemy tank or APC.

And now on top of the massive pool of tanks, I find myself having to constantly run from tanks because the nerfed AT rocket can no longer do decent damage (unless you get 3-4 good solid shots on a tank without it noticing you.).

Well what does all this complaining mean? Does it all have a point, or am I just ranting on for no reason. Well, I do have a reason. I notice myself almost never playing Karkand anymore. I open up BF2 at the Game Shack...and I go straight to Sharqi. Im not feeling the Karkand vibe anymore. If your Mec, you are getting raped by the tanks and apc's from the US. If you are US, you are getting pwned just walking down ur little hill.

Im just wondering, has any of the things I mentioned effected you and yoru playing habits? As I stated, now I can barely stand Karkand anymore. How do you guys feel, and I apologize in advance if my post was long and meaningless I just tend to type as I would talk.

If I'm US, I go as engineer and grab a tank or APC, if there's none around I go as support or Medic and sneak over to the factory and create a spawn point for my squad to attack.

If I'm MEC, I take am APC or tank as engineer and hold the hill in the alley to keep sneaky bastards like me from trying to get to the factory

Comment

Ever since I got this game the only map I play is Karkand. I still love it to this day. Personally, I hate vehicles. This might be hard to believe but I hardly ever use vehicles. I love infantry combat. Tank whores will be tank whores. You can't stop them. But I won't let them get in the way of me loving Karkand.

Comment

armour whores will still be there, but nothing beats the satisfaction when they got killed by the AT mines i hv placed round the bend. =)

Comment

I wish everyone had as miserable time on karkand as you so that I could get some other maps in the damn server rotation.

I hate karkand and karkan addict mentalities. Drop into a server and play some different maps with a decent squad and expand your mind.

That's hilarious. So your admitting to being longwinded and have nothing to say in person? I can see socially, why you might be into gaming. lol

Comment

Seriously, play Sharqi. There seems to be so much less troublesome tank whoring/Artying going on constantly, despite the choper.

And Heous, is that the Higaran logo I see in your avatar? Ahhh.. the good old days of Homeworld

Comment

Originally posted by Heous
                How, exactly, is that comment relevant to this topic? :hmm:
                Are you kidding? GamerGuy X said himself -"Finaly, vehicles whores decided to make Karkand their primary home and I cannot grab a tank without getting Tked (this is no different with aircraft in any level, though) or I can't walk down half a street withtout seeing an enemy tank or APC.

And now on top of the massive pool of tanks, I find myself having to constantly run from tanks because the nerfed AT rocket can no longer do decent damage (unless you get 3-4 good solid shots on a tank without it noticing you.)."

Thats how its relevant to the topic.......vehical whores on Karkand are "teh suck" and make many peoples Karkand experience, well, miserable. Im glad most Karkand servers i play on kick/ban people for that behaviour, really helps Karkand be the great map that it is.

GamerGuy X, if you simply changed your approach a little bit, you could have a great game every time, along with the whores, nade lobbers and everyone else.

Instead of "running down the hill", get a transport, head to the Suburb man, the Gatehouse, any of the back flags, you can break through many ways, and cause problems quick, aleviating some of the Hotel riff raff. There will always be 12 guys that think the Hotel is the heart of Karkand, i think its funny, and exploit the crap out of it. Bottom line the Gatehouse is the deciding flag, go around all the dumb@sses.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                  This thread is going nowhere.
                  kinda :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                  X