Joining a singleplayer game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining a singleplayer game?

Correct me if im wrong, Im quite new at this.
    When you start loading a singleplayer game,you'll see something like this:

Default server name: (ip address)

Can someone join my singleplayer game by typing that ip address in the server name box using multiplayer game in his computer?

Re: Joining a singleplayer game?

Only if they are in your Local Network (i believe)

Comment

Depends if it is your internal lan IP or your external IP. Your internal LAN IP will look like 192.168.0.x, and will not work.

If you put your external IP in www.whatismyip.com it should work.

Comment

no single player is just that although the new patch is supposed to allow for a co-op mode which will allow other people to play with you

you can createyour own multiplayer server and havesome one join that by using your ip

Comment

Originally posted by Gergnoodle
          no single player is just that although the new patch is supposed to allow for a co-op mode which will allow other people to play with you

you can createyour own multiplayer server and havesome one join that by using your ip

Sorry bud your wrong. Others can join your singleplayer game and play with bots. All the patch is adding is the ability to run a stand alone server with bots.

Comment

I live in cali and I played SP together with a friend who lives in UK

Comment

hmm well whattcha know i learnded something today

well in that case when getting him to join make sure u give the external ip not the one the router would give you look under the router controls and look for an extrenal one and use that to connect

Comment

Originally posted by Gergnoodle
                hmm well whattcha know i learnded something today

well in that case when getting him to join make sure u give the external ip not the one the router would give you look under the router controls and look for an extrenal one and use that to connect
                You'll also need to forward the proper ports (they're listed in the User Manual) or, if you're lazy like me, DMZ the router to the internal address.

Comment

Working...
                X