bf 2142, for anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf 2142, for anyone?

i was just watching some videos at E3 of bf 2142 at i just cant wait for it.
    in the other hand i saw in the vid that there are a lot of options, i also read that there will be like 25 unlocks i think and u can make your own soldier, dont get me wrong all this sounds cool but... will people spend more time making their soldiers and looking for the right weapon during a game? it seems to me there is a lot of stuff to do.

Re: bf 2142, for anyone?

I'll admit some of the features being released seem cool but I'm still kinda anoyed by all the bugs of bf2 im ready to try mods and enemy territory before I buy another EA game.

Comment

Im gonna get it as soon as it comes out. I just keep seeing soooooo much info over at http://totalbf2142.com/
      The game looks sooo sweet, especially the new titan mode.

Comment

I have a feeling that Quake Wars will win out over 2142. I was reading the QW's ranking system means that you don't need to pay for an overpriced ranked server. Any server can be ranked. That alone may mean that clans that currently provide ranked servers for BF2 may move to QW just because we don't need to pay up the butt for a server.

Comment

amen to that, that means no over zealous control freaks running your server

Comment

I'm hoping QW:ET is a good game, and that they don't have this ranked/un-ranked crap. It would be nice to have the custom maps to play on any server that owners want to use them on, instead of just ranked ones.

My only concern is that they don't use the typical Quake / Doom mechanics where everyone will be crack rabbiting around, so the game degrades into who can jump / turn the fastest.

Comment

I wouldn't really call what QW will have a ranking system, more like stat tracking. It's not persistant like BF2, any upgrades you get while playing QW is for that round only, just like ET, what's tracked is just for bragging rights.

I'm sure QW will be fun but I'm looking forward to 2142 just as much, maybe more.

Comment

Dog Tags baby...........omfg the pods !!!!

Comment

I have my eye on BF2142 and Spore.

Comment

Why on earth would someone call himself ZYKLON-B unless he was a nazi?

Comment

I will most likely get both BF2142 and ET:QW, they both look great

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis12
                        I will most likely get both BF2142 and ET:QW, they both look great

yup .. will have to see what wins my time after playing them both

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
                          I have my eye on BF2142 and Spore.
                          Spore looks sweet man. Loved Will's presentation at E3.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                            I have a feeling that Quake Wars will win out over 2142. I was reading the QW's ranking system means that you don't need to pay for an overpriced ranked server. Any server can be ranked. That alone may mean that clans that currently provide ranked servers for BF2 may move to QW just because we don't need to pay up the butt for a server.

I don't. I think it will appeal to the crack rabbits and lack the balance and strategy that Battlefield has. I'm not set in this opinion but if I had to make an educated guess I would say that BF2142 will be closer to the game I want to play. An E3 developer interview said its best map size will only be 24 player! I'll try both demos but I have a feeling QW won't be good enough to pull me away from BF2142.

Comment

I can't wait for 2142, more so than ET (the atari 2600 version. rumored to be the greatest game ever created!).The only thing i'm looking forward to in ET is the random mission system, but other than that, i feel that 2142 is better balanced, and won't be a crack-bunny magnet.

Comment

Working...
                              X