Name stealing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name stealing

With the new Battlefield comming up I just thought about the pain in the ass to reserve your name again. I thought about selling my account but then I relized the name is kinda like my trademark and I would hate to lose it. Just a thought.

Re: Name stealing

um, what?

Comment

Trust me... I think your name is safe...

Comment

ROFL At Flesshy Donut reference. . .

I so have an Idea for a new profile name once i get home

Rev

Comment

Originally posted by RingPirate
          With the new Battlefield comming up I just thought about the pain in the ass to reserve your name again. I thought about selling my account but then I relized the name is kinda like my trademark and I would hate to lose it. Just a thought.
          Selling you account? You mean to tell me that there are idiots that would pay money for it?

Comment

Originally posted by govedob
            Selling you account? You mean to tell me that there are idiots that would pay money for it?
            if your not meaning that sarcastically, then yes. Just ask Colony, or the former Colony. He made like $305 from selling his.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
              if your not meaning that sarcastically, then yes. Just ask Colony, or the former Colony. He made like $305 from selling his.
              Whoever payed the money is retarded. Why would I want someone elses account even if it's free? The satisfaction comes from knowing that I personally earned the points and the awards the hard way. Why would I want to play account with nick that I don't even like, just because it's got some shiny e-medals that I don't even know how were they earned. Is it because of the unlocks? Even if it is, the unlocks are worth maybe couple of dollars for any normal person, if that. Is it the points? what are you going to do with them anyway. Please help me understand.

Comment

lots of peeps sell their accounts

especially in world of warcraft or whatever it is but man it takes money to play that game each month

i for one like playing with a colonel as long as he plays like one not some spoiled 15 year old who bought someone elses work

Comment

Their is something wrong with the game when players feel that they have to buy their tools out of the game with a game (non mmog) like this.

So my question is are the people buying the account for rank/status or effective tools (IE: Unlock weapons and Commander)?

Comment

most of the weapons are not that much of an imporivement over the stock to merit paying i think

ie ill take ak 101 thant you very much

i think they just want the status of the rank cause they dont have the patience or skill to get it them selves

Comment

speaking of name stealing, a couple of weeks ago I sniped someone named Hound_Dawgy, started laughing, pretty loud.

Comment

i am looking foraward to getting my name without the damn underscores BigRedCube

Comment

I imagine BF2142 will use the same gamespy hosted name system as BF2, so will you be able to use your existing name in BF2142.

Comment

thing is that you should be able to change your name and have an id number that you can find out some how, now that would be better. Im bored of my name but wouldnt sell it, put too many hours into that

Comment

Originally posted by Gergnoodle
                              most of the weapons are not that much of an imporivement over the stock to merit paying i think

ie ill take ak 101 thant you very much

i think they just want the status of the rank cause they dont have the patience or skill to get it them selves
                              I don't see a point of buying a account just for the points and the higher rank. They won't get you anything during the game play, except priority for becoming commander if that's what you want. Being ranked higher obviously won't mean anything because it is not you that is ranked that high, it was done by someone else. The only advantage I can think of is the unlocks, if you consider that as advantage since they are no better that the standard weapons. Either way, not worth few 100 bucks. If you ask me I wouldn't pay a penny. I wouldn't wanna play under someone else's nick and stats.

Comment

Working...
                              X