Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Crashes after sometimes one hour

Hi,

i'm having crash problems with BF2. The problem is not like many other crashing to desktop, but crashing my whole system. A reboot is the only sulotion. My problem is that my crashes are unpredictable. Sometimes i can play more than 1 hour without crashing, sometimes after 15 minutes.

I've tested with a clean XP Pro install, latest NVIDIA drivers. I checked if there are any heating problems...nope (i guess an hour playtime means no heating problem). I lowered my BF2 video setting to medium for all settings...still crashing... The problem is that i can't test this very fast, cause it doesn't crash much, just every few hours...

My System:

P4 3.4Ghz
    1G RAM
    Nvidia Gainward 6800GS 256MB
    Asus P5GDC Deluxe

Anyone got any ideas what i maybe haven't done yet? Or any hint to find the exact problem?

Greetz,
    Peesjee

Re: BF2 Crashes after sometimes one hour

Im curious how much of your system resources are being used once in BF2?

And what internet service do you use DSL or Cable?

Comment

I used to have an issue with my system restarting after about 5-10 min or up to an hour.

I have decided that it was a usb driver issue. I had installed drivers for most of my peripherials. When i went to safe mode, unpluged all my usb's, uninstalled everything under the usb in devmgmt.msc, and let the the xp drivers do everything the crashing stopped. I then reinstalled a few drivers that i really wanted (like G15) and had a few crashes but nothing like before.

So simply put use as few third party drives as possible to limit conflicts.

Comment

I have a similar issue which I'm yet to rectify, but I'm down to faulty PSU by process of elimination - hard to check as I have a shuttle XPC and they take a weird size PSU.

Comment

hi,

thx for the answers...

- I'm using Cable, never had problems here before...
          - when i'm playing, i'm not putting my pc under extreme circumstances. BF2 only uses about 600MB (i have 1GB), any my processor is never fully 100%. I'm only playing Medium settings here...

- I'll try the usb hint, you never know
          - I have a new psu, so i'll wait this for the last to eliminate...

i forgot to mention i use AVG for virusses (i mean against ), but i never heard any problems about it...

Am i right, if i say that if i change my videocard AND motherboard, there is a great chance my problems are gone? (I'm happy with my videocard, but not with my Asus P5GDC Deluxe)... ????

Greetz
          Peesjee

Comment

For some reason I will play for a few sometime an hour and sometimes three but every once in a while my system wont shut down but the game will but if I punch in the IP address I still have the same score...pretty damn annoying...

Comment

Working...
            X