added armor on TOWS or in turrets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• added armor on TOWS or in turrets.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences the times you unload on a guy in a HMMV/Vod turret or TOW site and the bullets just dont seem to hit.
    Sure if ya line up the head shot your good, but Ive noticed I can pump a ton of burst into these guys and sometimes not even effect them.
    I mean how many of us have been in a tank, saw a guy at the tow, unloaded and yet still have hit fire off the TOW.
    Im guessign this is some hit detection problem when people are using these items, or mabey I suck.

Re: added armor on TOWS or in turrets.

no, that happens to me sometimes. i think u r just hitting the turret itsself, not actually the person

Comment

Originally posted by USARANGER01
      no, that happens to me sometimes. i think u r just hitting the turret itsself, not actually the person
      what he said ^

Comment

There has been some times I sniped a guy in a turret right in the head SEVERAL times but it was registering that I was hitting the vodnik. Damn hitboxes :cry:

Comment

This is a noticeable problem in the ground AA placements as well. I've had many times where I clearly sniped someone in the head just as they were facing me and it had no effect.

Comment

I am sure it something from the game because sitting in AA and having ifantry come from behind is not fair.

Comment

the metal usually blocks bullets that hit it....

Comment

I donno... I've shot right between the legs of the TOW's stand and nailed the opperator in the foot for a kill (bad angle, but had ta take him out). I've also managed shots on vodinics through their windows and the open back to score kills on the .50 gunner.

Odd stuff does happen tho. Non-reg hits are a little too damned common.

Comment

I experience similar things, I always thought it was just a problem with my aim. . .

But it would hardly surprise me that there is some kind of hitbox issue.

Comment

I find shooting lower usually gives better results, that or nade spam :}

Comment

if im sniping a mg on a vodnik ect,if its from a point where the gunner can not see me i usally pop a pistol shot to get the attention,this provides me with a better angle(mr mg vodnik turns the turret around to scan)this gives me a easy headshot(side on) and there is no armor to protect.

but in some curcumstances i have no other option than to aim through the small gap,when doing this i aim at the hiest point(tip of the nuget/head) and get good results,

if im lucky enough to get behind the vodnik then knife or pistol helps take them out fast.

just my tip,and yes i have experenced the hit box problem aswell,i just reload and fire again this does the trick for me.

blessid is thow l96a1 for thy vodnik mg gunner shall perish,even if thow hit box makes me miss.

Comment

I've had the same problem many times. I've gone so far as to fire a main gun round at the guy in the TOW.......watched the round hit the TOW, and nothing happens. Sometimes I think those things are indestructable.

Comment

I find it near impossible to get head shots on somebody sitting in a vodnik or AA so I just quit trying now i just shoot them in the body whic seems to work most of the time.

Comment

thing is m8, when ur in amour, the thing that you hate most is tow's so y do you want amour around it, it will be too hard to kill,

Comment

I find it easy to kill people sitting in said stations..... maybe its because i spent so long sniping them that i know how to aim through the gaps in a vehicles gun mount, or on a TOW you need to aim for their back if possible, the way they stick their ass out makes it a great target..

Comment

Working...
                              X