Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Anti-tank or support class kit unlock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Anti-tank or support class kit unlock?

Im coming up to my 3rd unlock and was wondering which to take.

I currently have the sniper unlock, and the medic unlock. Im prefectly happy with the spec ops regular gun and basically the only other class i play is support or anti-tank ( when im forced too ).

I was wondering if anyone has tried the guns and how they liked them.

I prefer guns for long range rather then up close combat. So basically... can anyone compare the anti-tank, or support class weapons?

Thanks for any opinions you can offer...

Re: Opinions on Anti-tank or support class kit unlock?

PKM is FAR better than the Dao-12 for combat from distance. Sounds like that would suit your needs far better in my mopinion.

Plus you could still get points from resuppling friendlies.

Comment

Many many times this has been discussed, but here's my lowdown...

Support PKM --Awesome 45 Damage, best in prone, lots of bullets,

Anti Tank - DAO-12 This is the sweetest shotty in the game. Very good up close, but crap at range. I have the most hours with this gun then any other. You just have to learn how to use terrain and stuff to get up close.

As is usually recommended. Get the gun that goes with the class that you like to play the most.

Comment

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
        Many many times this has been discussed, but here's my lowdown...

Support PKM --Awesome 45 Damage, best in prone, lots of bullets,

Anti Tank - DAO-12 This is the sweetest shotty in the game. Very good up close, but crap at range. I have the most hours with this gun then any other. You just have to learn how to use terrain and stuff to get up close.

As is usually recommended. Get the gun that goes with the class that you like to play the most.
        DAO-12 FTW!

Comment

The Dao is a good anti-tank unlock, don't waste it on the P-90, it seems even wimpier than the stock machine gun.

My favorite class is support, and the RPK (stock MEC support gun) rules. Only problem is you have to play MEC to get it. It's more accurate than the other support guns, doesn't deviate much, and packs more punch than the MG. MG would be my second choice, so if you have a support unlock, try the MG.

I like the rate of fire on the SAW, but it deviates too much, and has too much muzzle flash, which makes it hard to see what you're shooting. I consistently take out snipers with the RPK, because of its accuracy. The PKM used to be good for that, until they "fixed" it by making it not so accurate.

Another thing about the PKM, though it packs more punch, its rate of fire is slower. So when someone is running up on you, often you can't fire off enough bullets to take them out before they get you.

So I'd get the DAO, and then the MG. Otherwise, I'd save the unlocks for the Spec ops and Sniper guns, I haven't found any of the other unlocks to be that great.

Comment

Which ever kit you hope to play the most

Comment

PKM was almost my last unlock but I have to admit its a MUST HAVE !! shotguns suck if you play other maps than Karkand...

Comment

PKM is the best gun in the whole game at medium range, can hold it's own at long range if there is no sniper, and is medicore at shortrange.

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                  PKM was almost my last unlock but I have to admit its a MUST HAVE !! shotguns suck if you play other maps than Karkand...
                  Thats my point. I play ALL maps.. so range to me is EVERYTHING. Yes a shotgun is good.. but when your running up to a base to cap a flag and your at medium range with no cover... your smoked meat if you dont have range.

Thats why i love the support class. You see 3-4 guys.. you gun em down. You see a sniper long range.. and you slowly pop off 1-2 shots aiming between each one and eventually.. people either see where your shotting, or you get the kill.

The only reason i dont like the anti-tank class is due to the mp5. That gun is nice when up close.. but other then that.. i prefer to fire off a rocket instead.

For those who mentioned the PKM or whatever.. is that the first support unlock or second unlock? My game only allows me to unlock the first row of guns first so im looking to get whats best for me.

Thanks for all the comments.. ill try and see how i like the support gun i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Emery
                    The Dao is a good anti-tank unlock, don't waste it on the P-90, it seems even wimpier than the stock machine gun.
                    I only ever use the P90 when AT. Again, It just shows that it boils down to personal preference.

Comment

It sounds to me that you already made your decision BEFORE posting this topic, as you wanted a ranged weapon. Did you seriously expect the DAO-12 to magically be a long range shotgun

Regarding the comment about Karkand i couldnt disagree more, i HATE that map with a passion (Its boring with no tactics) and yet i use the AT class and DAO-12 more then any other class/weapon, sure its a close range gun but the trick is to use the terrain or better still be one member of an organised squad so the ranged weapons can cover your approach.

The DAO-12 is without doubt the most effective close quarter weapon in the game, in fact its the only gun you can wipe out an entire squad with one clip (12 rounds) however it clearly won't suit you play style as you say "so range to me is EVERYTHING" which as i said negates your own question

Comment

Can't go wrong with either the PKM or DAO-12. Now that I look back, I wish I had unlocked these from the start (before the SAW/support guns got buffed and I won't even mention the SMGs in general...).

Comment

PKM is the best choice. It has high damage feom the bullets, and better use long range. THe only trouble i had it so far for the PKM is that it overheats, just like any other LMG. THe DAO-12 is like the MEC engineer shotgun, or the jackhammer, but with 10 or so rounds. Best for close range like a shotgun, but i would go with the pkm.

Comment

Don't mean to get off topic here but I have a question regarding unlocks. Are unlocks permanent or can you switch/trade one unlock for another?

Comment

Originally posted by NOSKills001
                              Don't mean to get off topic here but I have a question regarding unlocks. Are unlocks permanent or can you switch/trade one unlock for another?
                              permanant.

Comment

Working...
                              X