Fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fps

I am running a box with an AMD Atholon 64 +3800 with 1 Gig of DDR400 Ram, NVidia GeForce 6800 GS PCI-E (256 MB) running on Asus A8N-SLI PREMIUM. This PC is 1 month old and I just starting BF2. I figured out how to check my FPS and it averages about 50-60 fps.

I often experience lag while playing, especially when I 1st start playing on a server and I am not sure how to fix this issue or whether this is normal. What FPS should I be getting with my hardware and how can I fix/tweak things to improve my performance.

My vid setting for BF2 are default because I have not messed with them yet. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

NOS

Re: Fps

Very common with 1 gig of RAM and less. I would suggest getting a 512 MB stick to add onto your current amount, which will erase your probems and make the load time for maps a lot less.

Getting another 1 gig stick wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

Yep, Your CPU and Video card are quite decent, and should have no problems, but getting another gig of ram really would help with any lag and stuttering.

Comment

Also check your ping to the server. The better connection you have the better off you are also. So try to play on server you get a good ping too.

Comment

low or medium gfx settings for 1gb ram, low will also get your avg fps upto 90-100 easily.

Comment

the 2gb of ram was the difference for me, went from 1gb mixed to 2gb of GSkill ram (2x1gb), and lost all stutter @ mapstart. Running a x800gto 256mb card, and getting 60-100 fps, with settings mixed between medium & high.

Comment

So I should try and get my FPS close to the 100 mark? Will 3 Gigs be better than 2 Gigs? I don't want to go out and buy a Gig only to be doing it again a week later.

Comment

Originally posted by NOSKills001
                So I should try and get my FPS close to the 100 mark? Will 3 Gigs be better than 2 Gigs? I don't want to go out and buy a Gig only to be doing it again a week later.
                2 gigs should do it just fine. I went from one gig to two gigs and the difference was substantial.

1 gig: load times were about 3+ minutes, nasty stuttering at the beginning
                2 gigs: load times about 1 minute, minimal stuttering at the beginning

And you have a better processor and video card than me, so you probably won't see any stuttering at all.

Comment

Working...
                X