[Controls] Joystick Mapping Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Controls] Joystick Mapping Problem

I just recently reinstalled BF2 and was setting up my controls when I received an error trying to map the 'roll' control to my joysticks Y-axis. It says there is already another control mapped to that axis. I looked through all of my controls in-game and in the Controls.con file and nothing is mapped to that axis. So then I went an manually added the mapping to my Controls.con file (IDAxis_0 1 0) and the Y-axis now works, only it's reversed! When I choose to roll right, the vehicle rolls left... Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone? This is really irritating and I can't figure out how to fix it...

Re: [Controls] Joystick Mapping Problem

I just kept deleting and reseting the controls until whatever was causing the conflict went away. First I would clear it, then try to set the stick to the control setting. If I got the error, reset to default, clear entry and try again. It eventually worked. Note, I found I needed to push, pull whichever direction I wanted for the control to make sure the axis wasn't reversed, i.e. roll right, move stick right would set the axis for both directions. I had the throttle reversed when I moved the throttle the wrong direction when setting that axis.

Comment

Re: [Controls] Joystick Mapping Problem

I had the same issue and here is what fixed it.

Delete all controls for a particular area (Aircraft in your case) by clicking the control once and hitting 'escape'. This will delete the bind. Do this for all the controls and then go back and re-assign them 1 by 1 as the PRIMARY option, not the alternate or secondary.... the LEFT column of boxes...

Then click apply and you should be good to go.

Comment

Working...
      X