Why all the Noob hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why all the Noob hate?

I read posts here all the time and almost always there is some reference to a noob screwing something up or not doing something right. I've only been playing a few months now and I realize I am not very good nor will I ever be as good as most but wasn't everyone a "noob" at some point in time? All the ace pilots and tank commanders out there at one time had to mount up for the first time. I'm sure everyone tried out the GL once or twice but now it is refered too as a noob weapon. Instead of all the good, experienced players slamming the new players how about showing how good you "really" are and offer some of your vast knowledge to the newer players when you can. It can only make the gameplay better for all and strengthen the BF2 community. You might discover someone who will watch your back when the "***t hits the fan".

Re: Why all the Noob hate?

I was a noob once, but never did the noob tube. I flied when i could and not take the jet when needed in the field like most noobs do, take off and die with in 20 sec. Just stick with good players, and watch what they do. I seen so many guys think they can lead then get us all killed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaJunkman
      Instead of all the good, experienced players slamming the new players how about showing how good you "really" are and offer some of your vast knowledge to the newer players when you can. It can only make the gameplay better for all and strengthen the BF2 community. You might discover someone who will watch your back when the "***t hits the fan".
      Because this would screw up the whole illusion. If "good" players had to back up their being "good" with eveidence, many of them would not be able. Instead of taking this risk of having to admit that these "good" players are actually just slightly more experienced "noobs" because they lack the evidence that they are "good", they just talk alot of trash and hope people assume that they are "good".

Offering advice also opens a whole closet full of risks for people too. For instance, what if some one disagreed with the advice or, worse yet, what if the advice giver made a mistake? OMG! Then they would be forever banished from the kingdom of Leetalot and be forced to live with the common folk of Nooboria. That would be terrible!

Perhaps the greatest risk to offering helpful advice is that some one might actually use it against you, thus threatening your previously secured alpha e-peen position in your BF2 server pack. After all, what is the point of being "good" if there are no "noobs" to pick on for being so... noobish?

Comment

I do both... slam the noobs and help them.

Comment

E-Thugs dude... men or boys with little to no power in life turn to the internet to gain this power... fortunately these examples turn to video games while a slightly darker few turn to preying on 13 yr olds on MySpace....

thats right.... Im linking "n00b haters" to child molesters.... In my mind they share the same basic lack of power in their real lives.

Comment

It's funny that people call people noob's when they are just starting out and havent played enough,and then people make fun of people who play the game way too much ,so with the way people think you cant really win in either situation.

Comment

I've got to know, and please don't slate me, What's the Noob Tube and the GL/Noob Weapon?

Comment

Yeah. Don't pay attention to people that call you or someone else a noob. It 's usually some kid with an inferiority complex. Find a server or two that has alot of skilled players and good admins. Play there regularly and squad up with the better players. You can learn alot by following/watching them. Pretty soon you'll be climbing in rank and getting better.

The BEST compliment someone can give you is to call you a hacker. It means you've owned them and they're either p'oed at you or impressed. Either way..........you win. (Unless of course you really are using a hack).

The noob tube or GL is the grenade launcher on the assualt weapon and /or the AT gun that people will use to kill infantry rather than tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerrillaUnit
                  It's funny that people call people noob's when they are just starting out and havent played enough,and then people make fun of people who play the game way too much ,so with the way people think you cant really win in either situation.
                  LOL exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                    E-Thugs dude... men or boys with little to no power in life turn to the internet to gain this power... fortunately these examples turn to video games while a slightly darker few turn to preying on 13 yr olds on MySpace....

thats right.... Im linking "n00b haters" to child molesters.... In my mind they share the same basic lack of power in their real lives.
                    I thought that most e-thugs are 13. They aren't child molesters. They are just trying to round second base before they hit high school.

Originally posted by {Sn][per} ELI
                    The noob tube or GL is the grenade launcher on the assualt weapon and /or the AT gun that people will use to kill infantry rather than tanks.
                    Yeah, the AT missle launcher is such a noob tube because it is soooooooooo easy to hit running infantry with a missle that moves so slow that you can jump out of its way, has no splash damage, takes almost as long as a DAO to reload and has a scope with no zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotty
                      I've got to know, and please don't slate me, What's the Noob Tube and the GL/Noob Weapon?
                      NoobTube=GL=Grenade launcher for assault rifle

AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by DaJunkman
                        I read posts here all the time and almost always there is some reference to a noob screwing something up or not doing something right. I've only been playing a few months now and I realize I am not very good nor will I ever be as good as most but wasn't everyone a "noob" at some point in time? All the ace pilots and tank commanders out there at one time had to mount up for the first time. I'm sure everyone tried out the GL once or twice but now it is refered too as a noob weapon. Instead of all the good, experienced players slamming the new players how about showing how good you "really" are and offer some of your vast knowledge to the newer players when you can. It can only make the gameplay better for all and strengthen the BF2 community. You might discover someone who will watch your back when the "***t hits the fan".
                        I think the term noob gets bantered around as an all encompassing term for those some people dislike...one thing about this game for sure there are some real big heads and tudes out there....

Me personally if someone wants to learn me and my team will teach them all they want...

to me someone who is new and wants to learn is just NEW ...someone who has been here for anytime but doesnt want to learn or use teamwork is a NOOB or should i say 4ss...

Comment

Originally posted by GuerrillaUnit
                          LOL thats good, on wich side are you ? :laugh:

Comment

Yeah, it's basically just human nature to be superior to others. You'll notice that 90 percent of the posters here are "the best players ever!", and another 80 percent are above average. But remember that only a small percentage of game purchasers even know there are forums.

Don't worry about it. The so called noob tube is a myth. It's a very useful tool and I also made good use of it in my early days. I'm mostly AT these days, but sometimes assault so I still use GL when needed. I played Karkand the other night as USA and as we charged down the first hill there where hand grenades bouncing everywhere to keep us back. No different than using the GL. Ignore the "experts", learn from your mistakes, and just have fun. It's only a negative when you keep TKing, and then it doesn't matter what weapon you used. Remember the goal is to cap flags and create a win for your team. Kill the enemy by all available means! It's only a game. If they were really dead they wouldn't complain so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter
                              NoobTube=GL=Grenade launcher for assault rifle

AFAIK
                              Can't say I've used it but whats so bad about it? Sounds ok to me. Pistol as back up and all.

Comment

Working...
                              X