Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam

Ok, I really want to play HL2 etc, I mean I have like nearly every Steam game, so the problem is I can't log onto my account because of that crappy Steam program, even though I sent msinfo32 report etc to tech support they see nothing wrong and can log into my account on their side, so I get the generic error ''Could not connect to the Steam network this could be a problem with your Internet connection or the Steam servers please go to www.steampowered.com for more info'' so noone has been able to help me resolve this and its been ongoing for 9 months, it worked before but it magically died, I have tried so many things.

Okay so the msinfo32 report would show if theres any conflict in software etc, but its clean, I have also tried booting in safemode + networking, thats also clean and there is no firewall on my connection. I do have a router but DMZ isn't even on and no one tell me to delete the clientregistry.blob as thats no help at all. So in the router its weird if I forward the right ports that Steam uses it makes no difference, even if I turn the DMZ on nothing happens, it says its on but I don't see changes, so bassically the router too me feels like its doing nothing but have other computers on the network connected, I don't think theres a firewall on the router itself since there isn't one there when I access the router page.

Anyway so I need this fixed but im not sure what else I can try, I mean I went to professional PC tech forums a few of them and posted everything but people just can't seem to resolve it and even on steampowered forums no one can seem to resolve it. So what I need is some help with this other than people telling me to buy a new router, reformat, etc.

I have tried directly connecting without the router but I just get limited connectivity and the internet doesn't work, even after ip renewal and restart. Im stuck using steamless cs 1.5 for now but I want my Steam account working. Idk why Steam is even needed it causes more problems than it does good, but im not posting for a whine im posting for help, so anything is appreciated, since its narrowed down to the router im pretty sure, and I tried to update my friends action replay cheat software on ps2 but it says error connecting, hm?

Re: Steam

I've read several posts of yours over the months pertaining to this problem and it surprises me that it hasnt been resolved yet.
    Without knowing what router you have, all i can do is offer a few suggestions.

My router has: Port range forwarding, port trigger, dmz and Qos. The only success i have is altering the Port Range Forwarding. My dmz doent seem to make any difference at all. Maybe you have one of the other options you could try.
    Are you running a 3rd party firewall? If so, have you checked to make sure your winxp firewall is off? I've had mine turn itself on after installing new programs so you might as well check again.
    Is steam the only program you have trouble connecting with?

Comment

Yeah, Windows firewall is off, and the 3rd party firewall is my ISP's own software, everything is enabled, I even turned to firewall off and Steam still doesn't work. The Steam platform updates but I just can't connect to my account. Im using a Jetway router and I have the online manual, but I don't have a clue about routers or much on networking for that matter.

Comment

Im sure you have uninstalled and gotten rid of any traces before making a fresh installment right...

if so, n/m me

Comment

Working...
        X