Sergeant major of the corps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergeant major of the corps...

Ok so I am still relatively new to BF2 (got it 3 weeks ago) and I read about only one person able to get Sergeant major of the corps which is true in real life in USMC. So, does EA just hand pick the best sergeant major? If this is true, I guess it is very unlikely to become the sergeant major of the corps huh...

And does anyone know who the current one is? Ubar link if you do.

Re: Sergeant major of the corps...

I would like to know this too.

Comment

Im not sure how sgt major of the corps works anymore i know that the top ranks supposed to be a 4 star general now. And thats given out like once a month to the best performing player in game .

Comment

yeah i would think they dont have it anymore because of the officer rank now, kinda sucks that you are a sgt maj or master guns and get second lieutenant. lol i would be mad

Comment

i rather get 2lt than stay at sergeant major.

Comment

That rank was available before the higher ranks (Lt. - General) were implemented. Before you needed a 250,000 global score to get Sgt. Major. Sgt. Major of the Army was awarded to the Sgt. Major with the highest Global score every month.

Comment

That is Corps NOT Army.

If the highest global score at the end of the month then it needs to be at 59,999 global points on the last day of the month.

I guess we need to retire this rank as it does not fit anywhere anymore.

Comment

no, there always needs to be one SGM of the corp, just like they should always do one 5 star general

Comment

This is just another thing that failed to really go anywhere with bf2. I myself would have liked to see it actually be used....a like half way milestone mark for the few lucky people to achieve it. But, I've never seen it ever given to someone after the new officer ranks came forward, only person I ever saw reach the rank was Blazin.uk a long time ago

Comment

I read over on bf2s forum about Petke that got Sgt Major of Corps then
                    did not play which prevented anyone else from being able to be awarded that rank. :cry:

Looks like it was him for while.

http://bf2s.com/player/45042844/

Comment

Originally posted by venny
                      i rather get 2lt than stay at sergeant major.
                      2lt=peon compared to sergeant major.

Comment

So is there any way to find out who is the current "Sergeant Major of the Corps" then? You'd think that if it was such a 'special' rank, that they would put a notice of it somewhere.. otherwise what's the point?

EDIT.. Right, forget it.. They canned it

EA community forums for players to get player-to-player support, ask questions, share their game and troubleshooting experience.

Comment

Comment

The best performing ... meaning stat whoring the most points right?

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                              The best performing ... meaning stat whoring the most points right?
                              Yes

asdfasasdasdasd

Comment

Working...
                              X