What mods are you playing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mods are you playing ?

Well the last 2 weeks have seen a rush of new mods and updates released. I have them all, most are poor. I think OPK is over rated and Project reality doesnt really do it for me. Mercenaries sucks. Alot of the mods don't have anyone playing at all (for example the tatical mod)

The firm favourite so far appears to be USI. I think it's great but personally I feel Hard Justice is a lot better but no one seems to be shouting about that mod like they are USI. Hard Justice also comes with 2 map packs to download in addition so its kept me busy for ages & I love playing as special forces with an explosive crossbow !

Re: What mods are you playing ?

Well i have NAW OPK and now USI by far i like USI the best, and i have only played it twice, i play NAW the most and is good, but not alot of effort was put in some of the maps, OPK i only play once and i didn't lke it.

Comment

Project Reality is currently recording 400+ players on average, more than USI or OPK. So if you're looking for big games, then PR is currently good.

Although, as you say, it doesn't do it for you. I think its like Marmite... you love it or hate it. Either way, give it another chance - play for a little while, 3 hours + and you might like it more!

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]i played the reality mod yesterday..liked it in extraction mode.. liked the shiny SUV and the new chopper..

Comment

What spoils PRMM is the 30 second spawn time. I like constant action not boring waits. If I wanted that I would go play counterstrike

Comment

PRMM freakin rules man!!!!!!!!!!!

*detonates c4 at rumple9's position

Comment

only bad things are as mentioned here ,the 30 second spawn time,and that you are not able to set off the c4 with your detonator.. otherwise its ok

Comment

OPK is overrated?? I think it's a great mod. You also got to take into account that their current version is only a demo.

OPK and USI are the two mods I'm currently playing,

Comment

USI ftw!

Comment

Conflict: Canada Ftw.

Comment

I really like OPK ambush and the city map dont like border at all, this is kinda a problem at the moment because all of the populated servers are running 1 round and then switching maps.

Also really like the way they balanced the new choppers one kicks ass the other can drop off squad, that is cool.

Comment

I've played OPK, USI, and PRMM all in-depth. PRMM has been the close winner for me; an 8/10. USI & OPK I both rate 7/10s. OPK has the most I've seen for a TC mod, but few maps, and well, kind of boring after a week. USI gave me the same impression, but seems to lack on the infantry game. PRMM is essentially BF2, but less of a resource hog, much more realistic, and a heck of a lot more STRATEGIC than a typical BF2 game.

I've had the most fun with USI. I've had the most satisfaction with PRMM. I've been impressed the most by OPK.

Still, until a WW2, or TC mod comes out, I'll still hold my breath. I've been so spoiled by Half-Life mods (Science & Industry, DoD, Tour of Duty, CS, Vampire Slayer) that I'm expecting much more out of Battlefield 2.

Comment

Have played PRMM, USI and OPK,

-OPK has new weapons which is a big draw, plus its quite fun to play. But as its still a demo its a bit buggy and isnt as pretty as the others. Weapon strength and health settings are good.

-PRMM is actually my favourite out of the lot, you get the little bird heli which is awesome, and Jungle Fever along with some others are the best maps, Jungle Fever is better than anything in normal BF2 IMO. Maps are nice and detailed. However its nigh on impossible to kill anyone, accuracy of the guns sucks, although its probably just me.:cry:

-USI is a close second but some of the maps are boring, there is alot of vehicle combat, and it sucks to just get repeatedly blown to pieces by tank, heli, plane. The vehicles are more over powered in this than normal BF2. Streets of Basrah is a very good map though.

Comment

Working...
                          X