• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewdistance

Ok, simple problem:

I have my settings mostly low, viewdistance 100%

My mate has his settings all high, viewdistance 100%

Yet he can see people further away than I can.

Why is this so, and how do I fix it? I have my settings low party because my computer is ****, but mainly so I can have the viewdistance as high as possible so I can see things far away, so you can see why this issue is annoying me.

Re: Viewdistance

It's because of the Geometry setting, turn it up and it will help you to see targets but it's a resource hog.

Comment

Just get a better grapics card.

Comment

geometry...

Comment

Just get a better grapics card.
          Well you probably need more ram too...I probably am going to tune down dynamic lighting and other fancy settings and up geometry....

Comment

Other than for cosmetics, effects is the only thing you should have on high, as it controls how well you see plane-trails. A pilot with high effects can follow a plane much better than one with effects on low.

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
              Other than for cosmetics, effects is the only thing you should have on high, as it controls how well you see plane-trails. A pilot with high effects can follow a plane much better than one with effects on low.

~Salad
              Hell I was always playing with effect low, cus I though its not important ... waaah what a waste, thx Salad...

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                Hell I was always playing with effect low, cus I though its not important ... waaah what a waste, thx Salad...
                It's only useful for jet pilots. If you're not planning on dogfighting a whole lot, I would not recommend changing that setting. Especially if your computer cannot handle it.

~Salad

Comment

try raisin up ur resolution

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork

~Salad
                    Learned that one recently. VERY useful

Thanks for the advice, I'll try turning up geometry.

Comment

If you're not flying planes, effects on high is a nightmare for infantry who runs into firefights and artillery.

Comment

Working...
                      X