NEW CUSTOM MAP Basrahs_Edge_BFDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW CUSTOM MAP Basrahs_Edge_BFDS

A remake of the DC classic. for any one who dont know this map from the DC days , its a street fighting map , 1 tank 1 APC & 4 jeeps on each side and that it, should be a good map for snipers.
    This map has been ready for a month now but i was trying to get the Singleplayer AI sorted for it , but its a complex map and gives loads of problems, so l i give up on the AI for for now,, so for now i just have a multiplayer version download from the link below

70MB.
    More screens here http://bf-dogs.com/modules.php?name=...dge_BFDS&id=45
    I got it uploaded to the server and tested it and it works..(
    Multiplay.co.uk :: [BFDS] dogs|30ms|85.236.101.108:16567
    )

To install just run the EXE , and it will install to the default location, if u have installed BF2 to a custom location then change the install path to the correct location.
    And remember U need to have your ingame video setting ( TERRAIN ) set to medium or high for the map to work,if its set at low the map will crash.

Re: NEW CUSTOM MAP Basrahs_Edge_BFDS

hehe just replied to your thread at bfeditor forum

once again its a beautifull map and I tried the server and it was emply, got kicked for high ping:laugh:

Comment

wow GJ, downloading right now.

Comment

Whoa, very nice. Looks to be very atmospheric and intense.

I'm sure this would rock in PR - check us out, and your map could be featured in the next build.

Comment

alpha you pwn

Comment

very Nice.............as usual.

Comment

Thanks lads..the map has beed more popular than i though it would,and I have hit my bandwidth limit so im looking for another host, ill post the link in here when i have one.
              i have a 60Gz monthly limit, and had used 11% before i posted the map, 3 days ago...lol.and way some more screens, at the right res..

Comment

looks nice.

Comment

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK

Comment

Filefront is good, also.

Comment

alpha your a genious

Comment

Custom Maps Night @ BFDS

Battlefield-Dogs Clan, over the last 6 months we have been making remakes of classic BF42&DC maps, and now we think we have enough to run a custom maps night.

The map rotation will be

Aberdeed_Dawn_BFDS
                        Gazala_BFDS_V2
                        Basrahas_Edge_BFDS
                        El_Alamein_BFDS_V2

In that order because the maps where made to give the impression of a 24 hour battle.
                        Aberdeen was made with light settings for a dawn time, Gazala & Basrahs Edge light settings are Afternoon time, and El Alamein has a dusk light setting,
                        so if you stay in the server for a full rotation you should get the felling you have been in a 24 hour battle.
                        (well that was the idea…<ACRONYM title="laugh out loud">lol</ACRONYM>)

Map Screen Shots can be seen Here
                        http://bf-dogs.com/modules.php?name=Maps&cat=Custom_Maps_Screen_Shots &id=40

All maps can be downloaded from our web site, http://bf-dogs.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1 6

Aberdeeb/Gazala/El_Alamein are in the BFDS Map Pack1 (170MB) and Basrahs_Edgs is a stand alone download (70MB),
                        The download link will take you to Clan00.de German site Who Offered to host our maps on there Ultra_Fast NO LIMIT servers, But they like the hits for there sponsors so if you are there click on some pages while waiting thanks…

To install the maps run the EXE file and it will install to the default BF2 installation, ( C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels ).

If you have installed Bf2 to any other location then change the install path to your custom location.
                        ( also they need your ingame video setting TERRAIN set to Medium of high or the maps will crash )

The Custom maps night will be on every Sunday from the 21-05-06 …(20:00 hours UK time)

And on server( Multiplay.co.uk :: [BFDS] dogs|85.236.101.108:16567 )

or use this link for server info
                        http://bf-dogs.com/modules.php?name=Brainpecker&serverquery=4

It’s a 64 Man server, in the UK and all are welcome , we are posting this on other BF2 sites to try to drum up some support for good custom maps , might take a while to get going, but you don’t know until you try.

So if you have nothing to do on a Sunday night and are getting board of the normal BF2 maps, then pop in to BFDS server for some Old Classic Fun.

(If you are in a BF2 clan or community could you copy & paste this into you forums to let you members know…thanks…)

BFDS_Alpha
                        http://bf-dogs.com

Comment

Basrahs_Edge crashes me out when I click join game =/

Comment

set your ingame video settings to medium ( TERRAIN & TEXTURES ) and try it

Comment

does it HAVE to be medium? can it be low? cause I have everything on low atm. I will try those at medium tho.. makes me a little laggy in ea maps, but I will try.

edit: ok that did work, but im laggy my comp cant handle medium settings.... damn and it looks fun too.

Comment

Working...
                              X