Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeze then disconnect

this is really getting anoying
    often the game just freezes for like 10sec then I get "there is a problem with your connection" disconnect
    server is not down
    VOIP disabled
    PB updated

same problem with fresh format/installed windows+bf2
    it's been happening since the new patch
    happens 3~5 times a day depending on how long I play

my sys is not overclocked in anyway

Re: freeze then disconnect

I am also having the same issues and know 2 other people who are having the same problems too. Last week the system froze and would not respond. I had to power off the computer and when it came back up I had no video. Swapped the video / cpu / ram to no avail. System board fried. (uggh). I ended up purchasing a new system board / processor and re-installed windows xp mce 2005 and all updates latest video drivers. Fresh installation of BF2 and patched to v1.22. Same problems.... lately I'm lucky if I can play for 5mins before computer locks up. I don't understand what's doing this but I sure hope I figure it out soon. I'm totally addicted to BF2. If anyone has any idea's let me know.

GIJOE_00700

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ / Gigabyte 939 / 2GB DDR400 (4x512mb - dual channel) / ATI All In Wonder 2006 AGP 8x (256MB) / 100GB SATA / Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

<<< EDIT >>>
    OK I just updated punkbuster. It was out of date but the pbsetup program installed the latest version. I also reset my control options to default. Restarted and logged into a server... lasted 3mins before crashed to reboot. This is crazy.
    <<< EDIT />>>

Comment

Originally posted by cx32m4
      this is really getting anoying
      often the game just freezes for like 10sec then I get "there is a problem with your connection" disconnect
      server is not down
      VOIP disabled
      PB updated

same problem with fresh format/installed windows+bf2
      it's been happening since the new patch
      happens 3~5 times a day depending on how long I play

my sys is not overclocked in anyway
      i used to get the exact same problem as you describe, i dont know what was causing it but it went away after i got a a new mobo and graphics card.

Comment

Originally posted by GIJoe_00700
        I am also having the same issues and know 2 other people who are having the same problems too. Last week the system froze and would not respond. I had to power off the computer and when it came back up I had no video. Swapped the video / cpu / ram to no avail. System board fried. (uggh). I ended up purchasing a new system board / processor and re-installed windows xp mce 2005 and all updates latest video drivers. Fresh installation of BF2 and patched to v1.22. Same problems.... lately I'm lucky if I can play for 5mins before computer locks up. I don't understand what's doing this but I sure hope I figure it out soon. I'm totally addicted to BF2. If anyone has any idea's let me know.

GIJOE_00700

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ / Gigabyte 939 / 2GB DDR400 (4x512mb - dual channel) / ATI All In Wonder 2006 AGP 8x (256MB) / 100GB SATA / Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

<<< EDIT >>>
        OK I just updated punkbuster. It was out of date but the pbsetup program installed the latest version. I also reset my control options to default. Restarted and logged into a server... lasted 3mins before crashed to reboot. This is crazy.
        <<< EDIT />>>
        <<<UPDATE>>>

OK I am happy to say I enjoyed a few hours worth of BF2 last night without any issues. For all of you who have had issues here is what I did to resolve mine and get back in the game.

1. Update MotherBoard BOIS to latest patch level. (brand new motherboard was 4 updates behind)

2. Update Video Card to latest driver.

3. Update Sound Card to latest driver. (on board sound but the drivers that came with the new motherboard were over 1 year behind).

4. Update PunkBuster (http://www.punkbuster.com/)

5. Delete Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents (this is the default location for this folder and it contains all of your profile information).

6. Start Battlefield 2 and choose (single player) from the menu for the first time (this will create a default profile for you). Complete this first mission then close out of game.

7. Start Battlefield 2 and retrieve my Multiplayer Profile.

8. Enjoy !!!! It finally works again I can play for hours without crashing!!!

<<</UPDATE>>>

Comment

If anyone else has success with this method please reply back as I'm in the same boat (roughly) and looking for a remedy.

Thanks

Comment

try disabling Hyper Threading in your bios.

Comment

no HT in amd

Comment

My problem is that my screen turns into this white noise/fuzz with red and blue colors in it and the pc has to be turned off during bf2 play.

I have the problematic ASRock Dual2 SATA mb using an AGP card (also has pci express slot). If you google it, there are tons of issues using bf2 with agp on this mb. Anyways, after updating the ULI chipset drivers to 2.13 my problems went away. I had all my settings on high except for Anti alaising is off, lighting and shadows are off and I haven't had a problem.

Then last night I decided to test my system (as i've recently added another gig of RAM) and I put those settings on and the white noise lock up came back.

I went back and turned these options off, and no lockups yet.

So I recommend turning these off if you are having lockup issues. I'm guess my mb and agp video card don't like to play together too much.

My Specs: ASRock Dual SATA2 mb, AMD X2 4200+, 2 gigs of Corsair ram in dual mode(value select), eVGA AGP Geforce6800GT 256megs, WD 74gb Raptor harddisk at 10000RPM, and currently using onboard audio. I will be getting an X-Fi soon.

Comment

I'm getting the same prob. Right now I'm running my laptop and desk top. On the laptop I'm running a ping against www.google.com with the -t option. So I have a command window that shows me the response time.

Everything seems fine when I'm not in game. But after about 3 to 10 minutes of playing, my ping window shows a "Request Timed Out" for a couple lines. Going through that whole update process would be soo lame. What gives!!?

Comment

It will probably be fixed in the next patch...

I aint gonna go through all that so called 'fix', just to a avoid the odd random disconnect from severs. I'm a LAZY boyo

Comment

Working...
                    X