Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: difference in tank torque

Originally posted by -=TxG=-Phoenix
    Must be some short fat chinese guys at Dice that thought that making their nations weapons better would be equal justice!

LOL, agreed!
    I take offense to that, for my father is taller than the average white person and almost none of the Chinese are fat.

Speaking of which, the Chinese side in BF2 has a few decent vehicles but some vastly inferior small arms. Type 85 and their type 95 MG is a prime example of such.

Comment

How about a different wake insland with mec vs pla?

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
        How about a different wake insland with mec vs pla?
        Well then it wouldn't be like the real invasion of wake island.. I think thats what they were trying to do.. weren't they

Not like the same time, but like the same scenario I guess

Comment

Well the game isnt realistic

I know edited wake insland MEC vs PLA

Comment

id love to see MEC vs PLA in wake, it would be nice.

because the mec couldnt spawn on the essex, why not make 5 more bases exactly like it is now, just make the island a bigass oblong circle with 2 airfields and 2 arty islands on either side with boats and such.

either connect both sides with 2 bridges, or have like it is now, at least 200m between land masses

and yes i play on wake axxium, whats your gamertag?

i work with a bunch of chinamen, and youre right, they aint got a inkling of fat on them

Comment

The reason I had learned from the folks that designed a tank around the turbine system as opposed to a diesel or gas includes the 1500hp. The real reason is repair. No servicability here folks, swap em out at the chop shop and send the power units behind the front for repair and refit. The turbine section can be uncoupled and replaced in a fraction of the time of a diesel system. Same with the transmission. The two units are not unlike bolting together your washer and dryer. The result: a tank with engine problems that can be placed back into service before lunch.

Comment

Actualy i did put MEC on the carrier just imagine they were able to cap the ship..imagination!

Comment

Originally posted by slayerdog99
                  The reason I had learned from the folks that designed a tank around the turbine system as opposed to a diesel or gas includes the 1500hp. The real reason is repair. No servicability here folks, swap em out at the chop shop and send the power units behind the front for repair and refit. The turbine section can be uncoupled and replaced in a fraction of the time of a diesel system. Same with the transmission. The two units are not unlike bolting together your washer and dryer. The result: a tank with engine problems that can be placed back into service before lunch.
                  The Perkins CV12 and Detroit Diesel both produce 1500hp. The Detroit Diesel is used in Israeli Merkava Tanks and the Perkins was selected for the US Army crusader artillery and the Swedish Leopard uses a 1500hp MTU diesel.

The AGT 1500 is expensive to rebuild, it is no longer in production. A diesel engine is not necessarily less reliable, it's just that current ones are more reliable than the AGT 1500 due to the fact that it is getting hard to do full rebuilds on them with the lack of parts. When the engines were in full production and when you have a replacement right on hand in the shop, swapping them out is easier than a diesel.

The good parts of that engine being on that tank are being able to accelerate fast and the quietness of it, it is one of the quietest tanks in the world. If the engine were to be replaced with current ones (turbines), it would get about 30-40% more fuel efficiency out of it. The diesel engine also gets stressed alot if you hammer on it really hard, most of the power is in the lower range of rpms and not at the high range for the fast attack wanted out of the Abrams.

Comment

Working...
                  X