GOOD weapon modeling tutorials??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOOD weapon modeling tutorials??

ive been lookin for a GOOD weapon modeling tutorial for awhile now. I have found some, but they are kinda of vague and only show how to make a really crappy low poly guns. Im looking for a really good, detailed tut that can show me how to make a detailed rifle or other gun step by step. Any links or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: GOOD weapon modeling tutorials??

What's your experience level, and what program are you using?

But let me say this, I do beleive you are going to be hard struck to find what you're looking for. Tutorials are made to teach, not to help someone do something extremely specific that can't be applied to other things, like what you're looking for. You're not going to find something that will tell you how to do something just for the sake of doing it.

The best thing to do, is to learn until you don't need a guide.

Comment

3ds Max 8 and im not very experienced(if i was i wouldnt be asking for a tut)

Comment

Tutorials are going to show how to make basic versions of things as a rule. It's up to you to look at references, technical diagrams, etc, and decide how to translate that into an actual model. There are plenty of such references for guns on the web, so my reccomendation is that rather than looking for a tutorial, you look at a LOT of guns, learn how they are put together and work, and then go about modeling them. IMO, you can only make a good 3d model of something once you really understand the nuts and bolts of it.

Comment

ok, so i made a really crappy blocky version of wut is supposed to be a UMP .45...lol.....so what would be the best way to go about and make it look less blocky and more real? If its possible, if any one could give me their msn address and help me out a little i would appreciate it. Thanks

Mine is jschlump_08@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X