Key Configureing Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Configureing Problems

Alright well I just got a new motherboard so I had to format my hard drive.

I just recently re-installed BF2 and went to go configure my keys so I can play it. Normally I use Left Shift to crouch and left Ctrl to sprint, and I remember I had my keys set like this before I formatted.

I also tried editing the file Common.con found at...

Battlefeild 2/mods/bf2/settings/profiles/custom/controls/Common.con

WHat happens is that when I try and define Left Shift as crouch it tells me it duplicates a key in Helicopter. SO I go check helicopter and there are no keys that even use left Shift. I also cleared all the other reoccurances of left shift in aircraft, boat, and land.

Re: Key Configureing Problems

You have to edit controls.con under your profile subdirectory in:

My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\######\controls.con

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
      You have to edit controls.con under your profile subdirectory in:

My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\######\controls.con
      I go into there and all I see is "Settings.con" and a folder named "Local" inside of Local all I see is "Deafult" and inside of Deafult there are a whole bunch of .con files that don't relate to controls.

Comment

Ok..make sure you are in MY DOCUMENTS and not in the Battlefield 2 install directory (which is where is sounds like you are looking).

Start by double clicking on My Documents on the desktop or through Documents->My Documents in the Start Menu.

I should also mention that you should be sure that you are logging into Windows XP using an administrator account with full administrator privelages.

Comment

Ok..make sure you are in MY DOCUMENTS and not in the Battlefield 2 install directory (which is where is sounds like you are looking).

Start by double clicking on My Documents on the desktop or through Documents->My Documents in the Start Menu.

I should also mention that you should be sure that you are logging into Windows XP using an administrator account with full administrator privelages.
          Ohhhh hahahahaha >_< THanks for all the help, now I won't keep dieing when I try and kill somebody in close quarters!

Thanks a billion.

Comment

so you found the right file and it worked I take it?

Comment

so you found the right file and it worked I take it?
              Yup all is working the way I want it... And funny how much of a difference it makes! I won the next three rounds because of me and my squad of 5 spec-ops =D :laugh:

Comment

Working...
              X