Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my new pc running BF2 right. It seems slow to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my new pc running BF2 right. It seems slow to me.

Ok I just built a Athlon 64 X2 3800 with 2 7900gt's running in SLI.

I get 7000 in 3dmark 2006 which to me seems a pretty respectable score. On 3dmarks site the viewing the top 20 scores the #20 guy has a score of 10000 something and he is running 3400MHz. So I know my rig is close to running perfect.

But yet I'm only getting like 65-70FPS on average in my bf2 games at 1280x1024 resolution with all settings at high and 4x FSAA.

I read a review on X-bitlabs of a FX60 getting about 138 fps with 4x FSAA and 16X Aniso. And that computer only scored a 7541 in 3dmark 06. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...e7900gt_6.html

Now I know my precessor is no FX-60 but twice the framerate? What gives. Is this all she's got?

Thanks guys for the help.

Re: Is my new pc running BF2 right. It seems slow to me.

Your FPS sounds like mine and my rig isn't QUITE like yours .. and I run 1280x1024 with all settings maxxed.

Sometimes BF2 is all about how OPTIMIZED your rig is .. not how powerful it is.

Have you tried some of the BF2 specific optimization articles?

Comment

ur FPS is fine, BTW do sum research on ur PC, ppl get these top ass systems & dont know nish about em.

Comment

..and I will agree that those FPS figures will play BF2 perfectly fine.

..but it's always nice to squeeze more FPS out for those firefight intensive moments.

Comment

Working...
        X