Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screen at startup during 2 minutes

Hello,

Since I have installed BF2 1.22 patch, I get a black screen at startup for 2 minutes, and then I get the usual EA Games logo. This is a real pain to wait for!
    I have noticed that this 2 minutes delay disappears when I unplug my network cable (my network is a home network using windows internet gateway and static ips such as 192.168.0.2).
    Does anybody know anything about this annoying delay?

Thanks

Re: Black screen at startup during 2 minutes

You may have a software firewall interfering. They can cause BF2 to hang while a little pop-up window appears in the background (which you cannot see) asking for BF2 to have access since the .exe has changed.

If you are running a software firewall application, disable it before running BF2.

e.g. ZoneAlarm, Symantec Internet Security, PC-Cillin Internet Security, etc

Comment

Unfortunately, I had this little popup before and I answered Allways Allow. And I don't have any other firewall than Windows XP SP2.

It looks like BF2 tries to connect to internet even if I log with a solo offline account.

By the way, do you think that all different patches ->1.22 have improved BF2 stability, compared to 1.0? (I'm not talking about gameplay here!)

Comment

Have you tried temporarily disabling the Windows XP SP2 firewall and see if the problem goes away?

Personally, I can't really notice any change in netcode with any of the patches...but I'm on a crappy wireless highspeed connection so I'm more worried about my native latency.

Comment

Working...
        X