Realism Servers? Whats the diffrence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realism Servers? Whats the diffrence?

Im new to this game but not new to FPS's. Im getting pretty decent ( still room for improvement and learning the maps ) and was starting to look into playing on a server where i could eventually join the clan.

I see some clans say they play "realism" servers. Whats the diffrence from that and a regular server?

I have BF2. No mods, no add-ons. Is that considered Realism? Or is there something else you add-on to the game to make it even more realistic? ( ie. no bunny hoping )

Im totally into realistic FPS games and would have played AA a long time ago if it didnt take 30 mins to find someone and when you died take 20 mins to revive back into game.

I currently play BF2 on public ranked servers, but it drives me nuts to play with 12-20 guys who DONT WORK TOGETHER and the other team just slaughters you.

Why play a medic or engineer class if 95% of your team is doing thier own thing. Why play on a server where the pilot of a jet is the commander, and you cant vote him out. Why cap flags if nobody helps you defend them or take new ones. So, i came here to find out exactly what realism meant cause if i like what i hear, ill start looking for a clan to try out with.

Thanks again in advance.

Re: Realism Servers? Whats the diffrence?

Originally posted by Karl1976
    Im new to this game but not new to FPS's. Im getting pretty decent ( still room for improvement and learning the maps ) and was starting to look into playing on a server where i could eventually join the clan.

I see some clans say they play "realism" servers. Whats the diffrence from that and a regular server?

I have BF2. No mods, no add-ons. Is that considered Realism? Or is there something else you add-on to the game to make it even more realistic? ( ie. no bunny hoping )

Im totally into realistic FPS games and would have played AA a long time ago if it didnt take 30 mins to find someone and when you died take 20 mins to revive back into game.

I currently play BF2 on public ranked servers, but it drives me nuts to play with 12-20 guys who DONT WORK TOGETHER and the other team just slaughters you.

Why play a medic or engineer class if 95% of your team is doing thier own thing. Why play on a server where the pilot of a jet is the commander, and you cant vote him out. Why cap flags if nobody helps you defend them or take new ones. So, i came here to find out exactly what realism meant cause if i like what i hear, ill start looking for a clan to try out with.

Thanks again in advance.
    It means that they don't bunny hop, dolphin dive, and probably some other things. If I were to guess, I'd say that tanks only fight other armor, AT guys don't shoot rockets at other people, and they probably stick together in formations as a real squad would...but that's all speculation except for the first two.

Comment

I know about bunny hoping and dolphin diving being un-realistic but i mean.. the game SAYS you should always fire from prone position. Does that mean when you see and enemy your not supposed to duck down? ( ie. standing or croushed fire fights only? )

Also.. dolphin diving: Im running around.. see a guy.. my first thought is HIT THE DECK.. aim, fire. Soo.. im sprinting, hit dive, pull up scope, fire. Is that what they consider dolphin diving, or is it when diving is used in another fashion?

When is a player considered a dolphin diver, or bunny hopper. Ive had people shooting at me before and ive sprinted.. jumping, and dive behind cover.

Would that be a no-no on a realism server?

Comment

I know about bunny hoping and dolphin diving being un-realistic but i mean.. the game SAYS you should always fire from prone position. Does that mean when you see and enemy your not supposed to duck down? ( ie. standing or croushed fire fights only? )

Also.. dolphin diving: Im running around.. see a guy.. my first thought is HIT THE DECK.. aim, fire. Soo.. im sprinting, hit dive, pull up scope, fire. Is that what they consider dolphin diving, or is it when diving is used in another fashion?

When is a player considered a dolphin diver, or bunny hopper. Ive had people shooting at me before and ive sprinted.. jumping, and dive behind cover.

Would that be a no-no on a realism server?
        just people who bitch cause they get owned by these tactics and refuse to do them cause its "cheap". its a ****ign game ffs.

Comment

A ranked realism server is a kind of hypocritical creature that sneaks under the radar of admins forcing you to play a certain way. Admins aren't allowed to force you to stop using armour, but they are allowed to force you to not jump up and down. Go figure.
          Enter "realism" servers for easy kills.

Comment

dolphin diving is NOT the same as going prone when firing. Dolphin diving is a repeated action that makes you difficult to hit.

Comment

Could be the realism mod thingy. Haven't seen it myself.

Comment

Some people find great joy in the slow, methodical, cautious play required for those games. Some do not. I'm kinda on the fence. People have different "needs" when playing video games; it's kinda cool when one game can cater to such a wide audience.

From your description, it sounds like you are more interested in the teamwork than an organized group can bring. That does not necessarily mean that some sort of realism group wouldn't please you, but that it does not sound like you are looking for a realism group.

Comment

Our server
                  =IMO= Memorial BattlegroundsIP: 66.90.73.193:16567 [Play]
                  Is a realism server. We offer game play that excludes:
                  1.) bunny hopping (we define bunnyhopping as more than 2 jumps to avoid fire)
                  2.) Dolfin diving
                  3.)Tking for vehicles
                  4.) taking a vehicle someone else was already watiing for
                  5.) being a commander and not commanding
                  6.)uncap raping unless your team has all other flags

We discourage sqaud/sqaud leader hopping and cant wait for the patch
                  We have freindly fire on for mines and claymores so becarefull they arn't the unrealistic smart mines that can smell you are friendly

We kick smacktards and are open to map requests

Differnt realism servers have differnt rules but are all pretty close.
                  You can go prone to fire on our server that is not dolfin diving

Comment

You should try the Ghost Recon games if you like using tactics a lot. The new one is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
                      Our server
                      =IMO= Memorial BattlegroundsIP: 66.90.73.193:16567 [Play]
                      Is a realism server. We offer game play that excludes:
                      1.) bunny hopping (we define bunnyhopping as more than 2 jumps to avoid fire)
                      2.) Dolfin diving
                      3.)Tking for vehicles
                      4.) taking a vehicle someone else was already watiing for
                      5.) being a commander and not commanding
                      6.)uncap raping unless your team has all other flags

We discourage sqaud/sqaud leader hopping and cant wait for the patch
                      We have freindly fire on for mines and claymores so becarefull they arn't the unrealistic smart mines that can smell you are friendly

We kick smacktards and are open to map requests

Differnt realism servers have differnt rules but are all pretty close.
                      You can go prone to fire on our server that is not dolfin diving
                      what about some of the things that I said earlier? AT shooting rockets at infantry. Tanks shooting at infantry? What does your server do about that?

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                        Some people find great joy in the slow, methodical, cautious play required for those games. Some do not. I'm kinda on the fence. People have different "needs" when playing video games; it's kinda cool when one game can cater to such a wide audience.

From your description, it sounds like you are more interested in the teamwork than an organized group can bring. That does not necessarily mean that some sort of realism group wouldn't please you, but that it does not sound like you are looking for a realism group.
                        nothing slow about the realism games on our server i find no pace difference i am always amazed that people say realism games are slower to me they are just more realistic than the arcade style of play

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
                          nothing slow about the realism games on our server i find no pace difference i am always amazed that people say realism games are slower to me they are just more realistic than the arcade style of play
                          I was responding to his comments on America's Army. It is (well, it should be anyways) a much slower game than BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
                            It means that they don't bunny hop, dolphin dive, and probably some other things. If I were to guess, I'd say that tanks only fight other armor, AT guys don't shoot rockets at other people, and they probably stick together in formations as a real squad would...but that's all speculation except for the first two.
                            Hmmmm, that's how I play anyway (except for the occasional panicked AT rocket shot at an infantry unit, and the organized formations).

I wonder if that's why my K/D ratio isn't so great. I just think it's more fun to help out teammates, even if I get wasted in the process (e.g. repairing a mate's tank, mining a road ahead of an approaching vehicle, etc).

Comment

Working...
                            X