X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 Cryogenics Statis Program.

Here's my idea...

Let us freeze our soldiers!

As a reward for loyal EA customers, allow BF2 players to put their soldiers in Cryo-Stasis until the year 2142...

You get 2142 and your equivilent rank and unlocks transfer. If not the identical locks then just the number of unlocks...

That's my idea...

Re: BF2142 Cryogenics Statis Program.

Hhhmm i kinda like the idea, but then it is a new game. and it hardly makes it fair to those that have never played BF2.

Ha, saying that if you could actually bring your soldier out of cryo-stasis when you first log on that'd be pretty cool! Kinda like Hans Solo in Return of the Jedi, emerging out of the smoke!! lol

But na i reckon that everyone should start on the same level. If you didn't start with no unlocks/points, it'd be kinda boring. I actually liked playing all the hours i could to get the first unlocks. Something to work towards!!
    Then the sense of achievment when the new guns kept on coming

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
      Here's my idea...

Let us freeze our soldiers!

As a reward for loyal EA customers, allow BF2 players to put their soldiers in Cryo-Stasis until the year 2142...

You get 2142 and your equivilent rank and unlocks transfer. If not the identical locks then just the number of unlocks...

That's my idea...
      This sort of thread reminds me of when the WoW beta was going to end, and people kept asking if they would get to keep their chars for the live game. But you see, there's never been any precendent to account transfers from one game to another. So there's no chance this would happen.

Comment

I've heard this before. But only from guys who had n00b fear. See, they are afraid of going into a game on the same level as everyone else is. They are so used to being on the top that they can't hanldle being a private again.
        These are the guys that say,"only guys with a certain rank should enter jets."

Comment

Originally posted by Leeus
          n00b fear
          LOL@Leeus

Comment

Originally posted by Leeus
            I've heard this before. But only from guys who had n00b fear. See, they are afraid of going into a game on the same level as everyone else is. They are so used to being on the top that they can't hanldle being a private again.
            These are the guys that say,"only guys with a certain rank should enter jets."
            oh my...

It was an idea, not a "fear" haha.

Even if it were a patch on the arm indicating a carry-over account from BF2... just something to add to their aleged "Persistence".

It is unprecidented, for sure, which is why I think it would be an attractive concept for EA... break a little new ground.

Comment

Maybe keep some stuff but ur rank is lowered? lol wat would b kinda cool is keepin some bf2 weapons in 2142, might b interestin thats sayin if ur player is frozen, u dont get unlocks but keep ur unlocked weapons from bf2.

Comment

It will be a comlitely new game why would you like to have the unlocks now if you dont even know anything about them? BF2 has noting to do woth 2142!

Comment

Im saying, I understand that a G36E probably will SUCK compared to the 2142 weapons, thats why I said *EQUIVALANT* unlocks...

You're a rank 2 medic in BF2, then you get a rank 2 BF2142 unlock...

Or heck, skip unlocks all together and add some tiny link between the two games... like I said, its totally unprecidented which is why I think it would be cool.

BF2142 could be the first game to tie two separate titles together in a way which brings character persistence across games.

Wait... they already did that with Special Forces! Special forces is an "Expansion Pack" but somehow it manages to operate like a TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME...

OK, so they proved it was plausible with SF... why not 2142?

Comment

Yep, n00baphobia. Don't worry. I think they make a pill for that.

Comment

Originally posted by G.I.Jersey
                      LOL@Leeus
                      But it's true. You know, when everyone first bought the game privates were commanding, running in tanks, pwning all and getting scores of 100.. Now fat chance that happening.
                      Never forget that!

Comment

im not sure i agree with your idea on awards/unlocks carrying over, but i do think our BF2 login/password should carry over, we should be able to retrieve it in the same manner as in BF2

Comment

new game, new weapons, new physics. Why use a rank from a completely new game, it shows nothing about your skills in BF2142.

Comment

I'm guilty. I did it. I saw the trailer for BF2142, and I sent EA my billfold, and I told them to quit trying to fix BF2 (not that I think it's all that broken).

And, for my two cents, it doesn't matter what rank I am, or what guns they give me...as long as I can do what they are doing on the trailer, I'll be a happy camper.

I NEED to drive one of those floaty tanks. I H A V E to...

Comment

Working...
                            X