Promotion from Master Sergeant to Firts Sergeant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion from Master Sergeant to Firts Sergeant

I was promoted to Master Sergeant three days ago. I have 20459 points and have all the basic badges. BFHQ says my next rank is Master Gunnery Sergeant. What happened to First Sergeant and how long does it take to get it. I should have it already. Thanks

Re: Promotion from Master Sergeant to Firts Sergeant

You must not have had all the medals you need before you reached the 20000 points.
    You now will not get the First Sergeant rank even if you were to get all the medals you have to have them before you reached the rank

Comment

Re: Promotion from Master Sergeant to First Sergeant

So since I already had all the badges, I cant get the rank? That sucks.

Comment

Yeah, this is a very common question.

Comment

So this is something I should take up with EA to fix with their next mod.

Comment

It does say that you need the medals before the 20000 points are reached
            I think so anyway and if it doesnt ive seen ths question asked so many times Im sure many people learned what to do from reading off the forum posts.

Comment

thats nice 2 hear i need 1 more badge trandspotbage(its a hard badga i fly 10 min BH dint get but thats good)
              i tought the same that i need all the badges before 20000

Comment

Originally posted by *Lost*Soldier*
                thats nice 2 hear i need 1 more badge trandspotbage(its a hard badga i fly 10 min BH dint get but thats good)
                i tought the same that i need all the badges before 20000
                Get in a boat and park it for 10 minutes (under the carrier is a good spot). It's actually a very easy badge to get...

Comment

For first sgt you only need all basic combat badges. For master sgt you need most of the other basics.

Once again:

http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php

Comment

I just got my 1st Sarg last night...WOOT! Now I just want that darned airplane ribbon...I keep getting robbed of it!

Comment

I have to say this but why is it so damn important for you to be First Sergeant, I mean is it because the rank icon looks cooler?

Comment

Im a master sergeant cause I didnt have my knife badge. I finally got it and wound up getting veteran knife cause I had a bunch of knife kills overall. Sweet! Now you begin the long road to 50000.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog0219
                          So this is something I should take up with EA to fix with their next mod.

No, the higher rank is for the people who deem it more important to get all the basic badges, and I'm sure EA's reasoning is that the high rank deserves to go to a player like this since they would be more "well rounded" or skilled :laugh: player.

It's like that for a reason.

Comment

And yes, it does look cooler too!

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                              I have to say this but why is it so damn important for you to be First Sergeant, I mean is it because the rank icon looks cooler?
                              Because it's a higher rank, so if a First Sgt & a Master Sgt both put in for commander, the First Sgt will win out. And the rank icon looks cooler.

Comment

Working...
                              X