Increasing W/L Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing W/L Ratio

Can you guys give me some tips on how to raise my W/L ratio? I know most of you will answer "start winning more often" but I lose a lot of games due to joining a bad team EVERY TIME!!! How do you guys avoid this? Id like to get the WCR someday :cry:

Re: Increasing W/L Ratio

Originally posted by datakillx99
    Can you guys give me some tips on how to raise my W/L ratio? I know most of you will answer "start winning more often" but I lose a lot of games due to joining a bad team EVERY TIME!!! How do you guys avoid this? Id like to get the WCR someday :cry:
    Its proberly going to take me forever aswell to get that ribbon but i have noticed that since joining my clan and playing on there side i get alot more wins than i did 4 months ago.

were recruting if your intrested

Domain Name Registration - register your domain name online,and get the name you want while it's still available. Internet Domain Registration & International Domain Name Registration.

Theres not alot to the website just yet but weve not long moved from here to our own site.

Comment

Heh, yea I'd love to join but 1. I'm pretty bad if you look at my stats :laugh: (but I am a hardcore teamplayer most of the time) and 2. I don't have much of a flexible schedule due to school. So if you could tell me if these 2 things are alright then sure ill look into it

Comment

Here are some tips I wrote up some time ago for the WCR!

If you’re new at BF2 or starting a new nick, know the requirements and plan ahead!

The War College Ribbon has been the subject of much debit due to the fact that many BF2 players waited too long into their virtual player (nick) to be able too achieve the needed requirements. Getting 50 hours of command time and 45 commander points in a round is not hard, but the 3:1 win loss ratio seems to be the killer for most veteran players that have large amounts of win and losses. So before you get enamored over some of the other ribbons that may look to be easy rewards, it’s your Win verses Losses that will determine your eligibility for the WCR!

The War College Ribbon Requirements:

1. 50 hours as commander (global).
        2. A win/lose ratio of 3:1 or better (global).
        3. 45 commander points in a round (after the above has been met)

A few tips that have helped me, I hope they help you!

1. When commander, be a commander, don’t try to be a hero!
        2. Play only familiar servers with people you know are strong team players!
        3. If you’re playing on a team that losses map after map, you may want to think about switching team on the next map load!
        4. Don’t play on a team that has a commander that doesn’t command or has a high “Lone Wolf” or “Sniper” ratios or lots of idle players!
        5. Don’t join a server with high scores showing in the game browser!
        6. Have and use two player accounts (nicks/user names)!

__________________________________________________ ___

Being a good commander

1. With few exceptions, don’t go running off into the combat zone! Getting yourself killed does nothing for your team.
        2. If you have a lower rank and find it hard to get the command positions, find servers with just enough players in to get the server started. On these servers more players will want to either fly or ground pound. 64 player servers that are full of competitive players will almost always have higher ranks as commanders.
        3. If you’re new, go to empty on-line servers to practice the different maps (single player, does play different than on-line game play). Pay close attention to where your arty hits in relation to where you’ve marked it to hit. Practice dropping ammo containers, no one likes it when you drop boxes they can’t use or where they have to expose themselves to enemy fire.
        4. Don’t call in artillery strikes on your teammates! If you see five teammates and one enemy combatant fighting for a flag point, chances are your team is going to get the flag!
        5. Be your own best friend! Spawn as a wrench! This comes in very handy if you find that your assets are being attacked, instead of calling in someone else to fix them, you can fix them yourself! Remember, you can drive a tank, APC, buggy, jeep or humvee over to your assets and fix your assets without getting out (but don’t hog a tank or APC, only use it till one of your teammates wants it, than go jump in a buggy or what ever)!
        6. Don’t drop ammo boxes to fix your assets! All you’re doing is providing ammo to the very same guy(s) that took out your assets in the first place! Plus, you will find that just about the time you drop a box on your UAV, two squad leaders will ask for ammo! They need it more than you!

Playing known servers with known players!

1. Playing on unfamiliar servers is always a risk! You never know what the administrators or other players are like (see “Have two nicks!”).
        2. If you think you have found a server that has a good group of team players, take a screen shot of the players list. People tend to play the same servers at the same time, so take a note the time you found these guys playing for later reference.
        3. Once you have found a server that fits your style of game play add it to your Favorite list.

Switching teams when new map loads!

1. Watch your teammates and see what they are doing and where they are at. Are they helping or hurting your team’s efforts!
        2. It would be nice it everyone on your team knew how to win the map that is being played. The fact is there are more that don’t than do! If you find that your team is not performing as you would like, switch teams on the next map load and see how the other side plays!

Commanders, Lone wolves, Snipers and idle players!

1. Never play on a team that has a high ratio of lone wolves. Lone wolves can’t receive heads-up intel or instructions from the commander and generally run around a map like a chicken with it’s head cut off!
        2. Never play on a team with a high sniper ratio. Most snipers do not cap or defend flags. They sit on top of towers, buildings and hill sides killing as many players as they can, which is a good thing, but if your team doesn’t have the majority of the flags, it doesn’t help.
        3. People waiting for helicopters and planes are considered idle players as they do nothing to help the team! If you see large groups of players standing around waiting for their turn to fly, chances are your team is going to loss!
        4. With few exceptions, the commander should Command, not fight! It’s can be a boring job times, but a person has to apply for the position, it’s not forced on any one!
        5. No commander on a team almost always spells disaster! If you find that your team has no commander and you yourself don’t wish to take on that responsibility. Switch teams on the next map load or find another server to play on, as the team your on is going to loss if the other team has an active commander!
        6. Look for a well balanced team that plays in squads!

Joining servers!

1. The worst thing a person can do is to join a server at the end of a round! Chances are when you join; you will be thrown on the losing team and with only a few tickets left there is nothing you can do to help your team win the map.
        2. Look at who’s playing; on what side are they playing on, how many players are on each team and who has the most tickets before you join a server.

Example A:
        A server has 19 players on a 32 player map. Red team has 5 (XX) clan members, 4 <ZZZ> clan members and one free agent (10 players total) and they are up by 50 tickets. The Blue team has 9 free agents.

When you join this server you will be put on the team with the least amount of players. With a difference of 50 tickets you will be hard pressed to turn this around by the end of the map all by yourself! So your better off either finding another server or waiting for the new map to load before you join!

Have two nicks!

1. Everyone has good and bad days! If you think you’re having one of those bad days and you are going to play anyways, play using your back-up nick. If for some reason your luck changes, sign out and log into your primary account and continue gaming.

2. Looking for a new server to add to your favorites? Do it with your back-up nick! There is nothing worst than going into a new server that you don’t know who the players are, just to have you ass handed to you round after round!

3. Say you want to try out a new or different game strategy. Use your back up nick rather than your primary. Than if your new strategy doesn’t work out like you had hoped your not killing your W/L or your K/D ratios on your primary.

Comment

Heh, yea I'd love to join but 1. I'm pretty bad if you look at my stats :laugh: (but I am a hardcore teamplayer most of the time) and 2. I don't have much of a flexible schedule due to school. So if you could tell me if these 2 things are alright then sure ill look into it
          We have two companys one competitive and one none competitiive so you should fit in easily.

p.s. the guy that made the long post there some great tips there

Comment

The WCR is impossible for an honest player to achieve.
            There are lamo's that have server that rig the teams and boot and ban any real competition so they can have the win stats for this medal.

Any honest player will have about a 50/50 win loss some maybe slightly higher some way lower due to bad luck, heck i have spent 45 mins on a team and in the last 5 mins get team switched to the lossing team, so this stat and medal i ignore....

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
              The WCR is impossible for an honest player to achieve.

Any honest player will have about a 50/50 win loss some maybe slightly higher some way lower due to bad luck, heck i have spent 45 mins on a team and in the last 5 mins get team switched to the lossing team, so this stat and medal i ignore....
              Smart honest players know what servers to play on, what team to play on and what players to game with!

If you get switched, it's because your not in a squad! If you don't want play in squads, don't complain about getting switched to the lossing team at any point of the map!

Making stupid staments like the ones you made above only make you look like a stupid losser that dosen't know how to be a winner without cheating!

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones

Any honest player will have about a 50/50 win loss
                Nonsense. I'm as honest as they come and I have almost a 2.0 W/L. It is possible, just have good teammates.

Comment

WCR: you wont have it ever if only you have an asskicking clan...

Comment

Just switch teams, how you think everyone else got it lol?

Comment

I got my ribbon legit. My advice is to whore Karkand. If you're any good, you should be able to win with no problems. It's the most balanced map in my opinion. Having some competent buddies to team with can make a huge difference too. Sometimes you'll get stuck on a team that's so bad that they're beyond help (especially if you're on MEC with a bad team). Sometimes the server will just be bad too. But if you can't win consistently on Karkand then you're probably never going to get the ribbon unless you have some other map you think you're excellent at and can win no matter what the situation. It's really not worth the trouble though. No one will care that you have it, and you're never going to have a complete set of every award unless you have absolutely no life or unless they lower the requirements. And ribbons leave any "empty" spaces so you won't even notice that it's not there, unlike maybe Purple Heart which I plan on never getting and can't even imagine doing so bad to get it unless it was on purpose.

Hmmm... that's an idea. Just give purple hearts for total deaths in a game. Or give it to the person with the most deaths in each game so it's like the equivalent of a Gold Star for dying.

Comment

Use the server screen to pick a server you like to play on.

Use the server's players information and refresh the display until the server displays 0 points indicating a new map is loaded. Then join.

This kills the number one killer of win/loss ratios being switched to the losing side just as the game is ending before you finished loading, spawning etc.

Stay in servers and team work. Eventually you will work well with regulars and win consistently by working together with your teammates.

Comment

Worst advice:
                          Gets your stats wiped for stat padding. I think you keep your rank and unlocks, medals etc. This is the perfect time to go for it.

Comment

I don't look at it anymore, I can't tell you how many times I've kicked ass only to be auto kicked to the losing team 2 minutes before the end of the round. Don’t worry about it. It’s not a true representation of your skills.

Comment

Just use TEAMWORK!!! My w/l spiked when using teamwork to win, if half the team, maybe a whole squad alone can win the round.

Also dont play low player servers on 64 map servers, you will do about 3-4 32man server with 32size map rounds and get more wins within the same time window.

Comment

Working...
                              X