Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assorted gameplay questions

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get a better understanding of some of the common occurances on ranked servers. Perhaps you can assist. All questions deal with ranked servers.

1. When a game goes live, you get a few kills, then someone departs the server and causing the game to halt due to lack of players, do you actually earn the medal that is being displayed, or is there a minimum duration of time that the server must be active before any medals are actually awarded?
    =======================================
    2. When capping flags in a chopper. Is it just a myth or is it fact that if everyone gets out of the chopper it infacts caps faster?
    3. If you finish a round with a negative teamwork score, do points get subtracted from your account?
    4. What is the maximum range of the TV guided missle from the attack chopper? 450m?
    5. If someone rams you with an aircraft (jet/helo), why is it sometimes I get credit for the kill, but I didn't even intend to ram? How do they determine who gets credit for the kills?

Thanks for your help guys.

Re: Assorted gameplay questions

I'll help answer what I can:

1. Im not sure but looking into it..
    2. Only one person in a vehicle can take a flag(The first one in the flags perimeter). All other persons must exit to speed it up.
    Originally posted by spaztek
    I started a new account, and immediately TKd about 3 guys to see what would happen.

It doesnt subtract any points from your global - which is pretty stupid.

Your global should reflect EXACTLY what you do in game IMO.
    4. I believe it is 400m.
    5. If they die first, you get the kill, and vice-versa.

Comment

What severity said.

To clear up #2 a little more: the more people you have on a flag, the faster it gets capped. Therefore, if you hop out of the chopper with one person still in it, it will get capped faster.

Comment

(1) I'm pretty sure you get the award
        (2) Fact. A vehicle only counts as "one person" when capping a flag, regardless of how many people occupy it. Any passengers in the vehicle must dismount if they want to cap the flag faster.
        (3) Yes.
        (4) I'm not sure, but I believe it's 400m.
        (5) No idea. I like Severity's suggestion though - sounds reasonable to me.

Comment

Thanks for your input. I have a few more.
          6. How does a player earn, 'driver special ability' points?
          7. If you are playing the role of the spec ops commander, and get X # of kills for artillery drops, can that earn you a badge? Meaning, if I was going after my expert spec ops, and already banked 100 hours, but needed 40 kills in a round, would 40 artillery drop kills earn me that badge in a round?
          ========================================
          8. If you are playing the role of spec ops/sniper/engineer, etc, and lay down all of your explosives, then pick up an ammo bag, do the c4/mines/claymores disappear?
          9. If you drop artillery on the enemy assets, will it do any damage to them?

Comment

6. How does a player earn, 'driver special ability' points?
            A- by being a driver whilst some1 in your ride gives helath or ammo or repairs a team mate - one person giving ammo give you 1 driver special ability point

7. If you are playing the role of the spec ops commander, and get X # of kills for artillery drops, can that earn you a badge? Meaning, if I was going after my expert spec ops, and already banked 100 hours, but needed 40 kills in a round, would 40 artillery drop kills earn me that badge in a round?
            A- ermm yes i belive so

8. If you are playing the role of spec ops/sniper/engineer, etc, and lay down all of your explosives, then pick up an ammo bag, do the c4/mines/claymores disappear?

A- no they only do if you start to lay the new c4/mines/claymores

9. If you drop artillery on the enemy assets, will it do any damage to them?

A- yes but not a lot

Comment

ive gotten a gold medal because admin has changed map, or someone leaves, and there isnt enough players, litterally seconds after the round began......meaning i get a medal for spawning.....lol.....easy points, but a potential exploit...

the more people taking a flag, the quicker it goes......if all the people are in one vehicle, it only counts the driver, and would move as slow as if one person were moving it

Comment

7) Yes, you get the medal. Got my veteran sniper badge that way on accident actually.

8) Unless you lay down the '6th' and so on C4 package (or whatever it may be) they won't dissapear. I do this at artillery as spec ops if the enemy commander dropped a crate to repair his arty. 2 packs per the first 2 arty pieces, 1 pack on the crate, stand next to it to get refilled to five, pull the trigger, then put 2 on the final piece and blow it up as well. Thanks commander

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

See ya in game.

Comment

Working...
                  X