Idle loading, no start, WTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle loading, no start, WTH

OK, after play BF2 (demo, then full purchase), I figured that it be great to cap some MECs on the go with a laptop. Well I recently bought a new xps m170 gaming notebook with 7800GTX geforce (stock components that meet well above requirements. First thing I did was install BF2. Tested it once with high specs, worked like a charm. So I installed SF and then all the patches up to date. K, time to shoots some noobs. I click on the icon, and all I get is the loading image with the tank from the "strike" map. Nothing happens. I could also hear the disk stop spinning. after 20 seconds or more, the logo dissappears and it is as nothing had happened at all. I tried rebooting but to no avail. I am baffled and ****ed.

Next day, I started up my notebook, started BF2, and it ran!. WTH. So I immediately quit and trying to start it up again. Logo, then nothing happens. IS IT CHOOSING WHEN IT WANTS TO START?!!. Ok, I give it some slack and thought it might be some kind of a program or file stopping it, though unlikely. I reformatted, then installed BF2, nothing happens again. Depression...... I download the demo again, and whenever i start the demo, the demo works all the time, while the retail game works once a day to once a week. after research, I found a crack BF2 loader that requires no disk. I tried it, "hallejulah!" it works. it skips the logo, goes black, then into the game. problem solved. I installed patch 1.12. started crack. it doesn't work anymore. it skips logo, goes black, then straight to desktop. of course the disk is no help. Im totally lost. Now I can only play on my desktop, which feels degrading since the laptop has a higher resolution and more silent fan, not to mention mobility. it seems that only BF2 is the only problem, because I installed Doom3 and Fear with no problem at all. Some one, please help meh! I could have killed 500 MECs by now.

Re: Idle loading, no start, WTH

I have this exact same problem. I just put a post up about it maybe a half hour ago. It's extremely frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Yeah I know the answer. keep playing something else. I'm so over getting this game to run.

Comment

Yay, I finally got BF2 to work on my laptop. For all those who are wondering how, I'll tell ya.

-reinstalled BF2
        -Tested it with mounted image from www.gamecopyworld.com using daemon tools.
        - Downloaded and installed patch 1.21 from an australian game site (http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/21331)
        -Used EA downloader to redownload and install euroforce and then patch 1.22.
        -crossed my fingers when screen went black after clicking mini-image.
        - hallejulah. now I can cap MECs on the go.

I was so surprised that I got it working because it seemed like there was no hope. I still don't know why it works but it works for me. Maybe the 1.12 patch was messed up when I got it from www.download.com. odd... Oh well. I was just positive its not the cd's fault or my laptops fault. and oh yea, thank you australian gamers.

Comment

Working...
        X