Map Not Showing Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Not Showing Up

Please help. I'm making a special map called SniperTraining for my clan's scout/sniper test. It is near completion, and I want to test it out, but it isn't in the server list! I go to create local, search for SniperTraining (the map) and it isn't there. What did I do wrong?

The SniperTraining folder is in the right place, mods/bf2/levels/snipertraining

Re: Map Not Showing Up

GO TO lan
    sry caps

Comment

You mean the T1 (Lan) setting? Tried that, didn't work. I'm not sure what you mean.

Comment

Did you package your mod level using the Editor?

Comment

Nope..what does that do, and how do I do it?

Comment

First tell me if you are using the BF2 Editor? Have you set up control points and applied level settings?

Comment

Yeah..I'm using BF2 Editor and have set up control points and applied level settings.

Comment

Did you create the map under a new mod or the existing BF2 mod?

Comment

Existing BF2. I gave up on that map anyway, thank God I had a backup. I tested the backup out and it worked, but the undergrowth is all black. I think I saw a post about this so I'm going to search around.

Comment

I know just all the other map files are like this...

Name_Name

Like underscore, I donno what that does or means but its worth a shot..
                    Sniper_Training

Comment

I too am having the same problem. I followed the tutorials on EA's site but 1 of 2 things happen:

I created my own map and I want to test it so I created 2 spawn points and flags and set the teams up just like the tutorial shows. I save everything and shut down the BF2 Editor. When I start the game and go under create local server I see my map for 16, 32, and 64 just like the tutorial says yet when I click create or join the game crashes and brings me back to my desktop. Do I need to pack all the files somehow?

I also loaded that My_Level one and followed the tutorial word for word and when I start up BF2 it is not listed under the selectable levels...

What are the bare minimums for testing a map out. As of right now I have no textures, the dam, 2 control points, 2 spawn points, and 2 vehicle spawn points. Let me know if anyone has any clue. I would really like to try my map out to see if putting water on a higher plan works or not. :hmm:

Comment

Run in Windowed mode and when it crashes it should show what the error is.

To run in Windowed mode change your shortcut from +full screen 1 to +full screen 0

For example:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +modPath mods/YourMod

You may have to reduce your resolution to 800x600 to see all of your screen windowed.

Comment

Working...
                        X