Need HELP to Setup my Joystick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need HELP to Setup my Joystick?

I only have ONE hand and thus using my keyboard to try to fly a Helicopter is near impossible. I would LOVE to be able to fly Helicopters; I use a Logitech Extreme 3D PRO and have tried several configurations with it BUT all of my setups lead to same result: Helicopter CRASHES soon after lifting off.

Could some Good Samaritan - with the SAME Joystick - PLEASE share with me how they Setup the Various features on their stick - so I can possibly learn how to fly one of these babies? I would appreciate knowing things like: what do you set Forward/Back with Stick for; Right/Left w Stick; the Twist of Stick; etc......

TKS Michael

Re: Need HELP to Setup my Joystick?

Love to help you buddy, but i use mouse/keyboard. If it wasn't for you being one-handed I'd tell you not too bother with joystick junk. Good luck!

T

Comment

are you able to use the throttle on the joystick well? if so - i have that stick and i can help you out with a good config for it, but it utilizes the throttle.

Comment

Yeah, I would think he'd have to use his thumb for the throttle. Unless that joystick has enough buttons on the stick to have a forward and reverse button bound to it (plus all the other junk we pilots need)

Comment

This program will map joystick buttons to your keyboard if you can't get the settings to work with just bf2 set up screens.

I have a map to my q button and my fire button maps to my mouse left click. It allows for q spotting in the air.

But for 1 hand, I would try using the up down on the hat(the little 4 way in the middle) as your forward and reverse torque.

You may also want to think about getting pedals for your feet. You may be able to take the ones for racing and set them up to replace your w and s keys.

For your air maneuvers I use forward on the stick to nose forward and Battlefield will automaitcaly set the opposite on the pull back. Twist is for your left right turning and pushing the stick left and right is your tilt. Sometime BF2 will register it backwards and you have to redo it.

If you want to practice just load up daliant plant single player and you can get a chopper or create a local server of any map with a chopper and you will not have to worry about any competition.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I have the same joystick as you. I use twisting motion to rotate chopper left and right. Left and right roll left and right and forward and back move the nose of the chopper up and down respectively. I use the standard throttle, which may take some getting used to for you since landing may be hard with only one hand.

Make sure that your pitch and yaw sensitivity is not too high in the settings for choppers, or you will get dumped over on your head very fast. Just remember most of flying the chopper is the twist motion and forward and back, not so much steering left and right with the stick. Twist to turn...

Comment

TKS everyone - I am going to take another stab at it! It looks like so MUCH FUN!

Comment

Working...
              X